Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Has Larry Scott looked into infomercials?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Has Larry Scott looked into infomercials?

Race?

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    so based on larry's foray with china he's learned how to do media the RIGHT WAY?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    Damn you and your 4 hours

Seriously, I think the Jeb campaign was more energized than the current Pac 12 conference. It's sad.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    1) Fire Larry Scott.

2) Work out a deal with Direct TV.

3) Add additional content. Every other conference channel I believe have coaches shows. It would be awesome to have 1 hour coaching shows where the coaches go over their last game each week. That would actually get me to watch.

4) Get rid of this PC bullshit. If you want to have a 30 min daily show that talks about softball, soccer, rowing, golf, tennis, track, baseball, that's fine. But 23.5 hours of every day needs to be focused on Football and Basketball period, with 80% of that being football.

5) Put on a damn 1 hour recruiting show once a week, where the PAC 12 network discusses new conference commits and their impacts on the conference and nationally. You can't tell me that the Matt Prehms, Santas, and Kimmys of the world wouldn't drool over the opportunity to discuss this stuff on TV.

6) PROFIT

These changes alone would turn this shit network around within one year, and it will also bring a little bit of credibility to the brand. Is it really that HARD? It's almost like if you invest into the product instead of spending 75% of your money on upper management and San Francisco rent, you might make more money.
    Founders Club

Damn you and your 4 hours

Seriously, I think the Jeb campaign was more energized than the current Pac 12 conference. It's sad.

SAD!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The low energy Pac 12
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Shocked people are surprised by this. The media (newspapers/blogs/PFF/247) is a ship that has already sunk and sees sponsored content and writing bs positive articles for money as that brief little moment of sun and hope Clooney and Wahlberg see in The Perfect Storm before the storm comes back again and buries them. I'm more interested in the receipts on the specific programs that ware doing sponsored content/pay for play media stuff.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

1) Fire Larry Scott.

3) Add additional content. Every other conference channel I believe have coaches shows. It would be awesome to have 1 hour coaching shows where the coaches go over their last game each week. That would actually get me to watch.

4) Get rid of this PC bullshit. If you want to have a 30 min daily show that talks about softball, soccer, rowing, golf, tennis, track, baseball, that's fine. But 23.5 hours of every day needs to be focused on Football and Basketball period, with 80% of that being football.

5) Put on a damn 1 hour recruiting show once a week, where the PAC 12 network discusses new conference commits and their impacts on the conference and nationally. You can't tell me that the Matt Prehms, Santas, and Kimmys of the world wouldn't drool over the opportunity to discuss this stuff on TV.

6) PROFIT

These changes alone would turn this shit network around within one year, and it will also bring a little bit of credibility to the brand. Is it really that HARD? It's almost like if you invest into the product instead of spending 75% of your money on upper management and San Francisco rent, you might make more money.

How about Chat? That would drive subscriber numbers through the roof.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

1) Fire Larry Scott.

6) PROFIT

Is that how you would do it? How would you do a college football playoff
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

Shocked people are surprised by this. The media (newspapers/blogs/PFF/247) is a ship that has already sunk and sees sponsored content and writing bs positive articles for money as that brief little moment of sun and hope Clooney and Wahlberg see in The Perfect Storm before the storm comes back again and buries them. I'm more interested in the receipts on the specific programs that ware doing sponsored content/pay for play media stuff.

I'm not surprised you're shocked.
    Founders Club

chinned for Perfect Storm reference