Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2nd Annual Brandon Kaho Commemorative Collegiate Career Impact Forecast - Results

Thank you to the 51 of you who completed the survey. Less dooging from last year, with an average ranking of 3.29, down from 3.63 for the 2019 class. The results are as follows in reverse rank order:

#23 Mason West with a score of 1.88 – Nobody seemed to like this guy except for @79smoothdawg who gave him a 4. 17 people gave him a 1. His ceiling seems to be Jacob Keizer without back problems.

#22 James Smith with a score of 2.10 – Ditto above, but 16 people gave him a 3 and only got 11 1s.

#21 Jaden Green with a score of 2.27 – Feels about right given his position, but he will be starting on day 1. Received 4 4s and 8 1s.

#20 Cooper McDonald with a score of 2.31 – Not much love for Cooper, but @Swaye and @KrunkJuice both gave him a 4.

#19 Triston Brown with a score of 2.45 – Beat out 3 field players, so I guess that's good. Also likely to start day 1, which is probably why he got 5 4s vs. only 4 1s.

#18 Samuel Peacock with a score of 2.57 – Scores all across the board, including 4s from @CallMeBigErn and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover and a 5 from @whlinder

#17 Elijah Jackson with a score of 2.71 – Again all across the board, including 1s from @Neighbor2972 @Baseman @Beno4Life and a 5 from @DawgsCanDance

#16 Carson Bruener with a score of 2.82 – Much tighter spread, with 14 2s, 32 3s, and 5 4s. Everyone seems to think he will be pretty solid, but not great.

#15 Jay'veon Sunday with a score of 2.84 – Barely beat Bruener for the spot. No 5s, but got 1s from @KrunkJuice and @EastCoastDoog

#14 Ethan Garbers with a score of 2.88 – Highest standard deviation of any player. 1s from @ttj @PawgDawg @PostGameOrangeSlices and @KrunkJuice while @guntlove gave him a 5. I rated him a 2 because I doubt he wins the QB job, but I actually think he's a good player. I suspect most everyone with lower scores is of a similar mindset.

#13 Sam Adams with a score of 3.02 – Pretty average for Adams here. @joeEDangerously and @ttj both gave him 1s.

#12 Sawyer Racanelli with a score of 3.37 – Big jump in scores here for Racanelli. Received 2s from 5 people and a 5 from @CallMeBigErn who must be a fellow Hockinson alum.

#11 Makell Esteen with a score of 3.41 – Almost all 3s and 4s for Esteen who had a good showing. Just 2s from @Houhusky @Ice_Holmvik and @picalogestabo and 5s from @Mad_Son and @CallMeBigErn

#10 Geirean Hatchett with a score of 3.57 – Another pretty big jump in the scoring here for Hatchett. 2s from myself and @Neighbor2972 but he also got 5s from @Quietcowskee @Doogles and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

#9 Jacobe Covington with a score of 3.63 – A good score for Covington, who received 30 4s and 14 3s, with a few outlier 2s and 5s. He's the highest rated member of the secondary.

#8 Jack Yary with a score of 3.76 – Not 100% locked in for the class, which might be why he got 5 2s, but also received 8 5s. Kaho-ing him from USC in July is a power move by Cato if it comes to fruition.

#7 Sav'ell Smalls with a score of 4.08 – A bit of a shocker that Smalls is 7th in this class, but his score denotes a 1st team all Pac-12 type player on my personal rating scale. He missed out on the tie for 5th place because @joeEDangerously gave him a 2 for some reason.

#5 TIE Gaard Memmelaar and Roger Rosengarten with a score of 4.12 – Huff with 3 of the top 6 players shows how great of a class he pulled in. They each received the exact same number of scores. 7 3s, 32 4s, and 12 5s apiece.

#4 Rome Odunze with a score of 4.14 – With respect, Odunze is going to be a monster. Nobody screwed this up, which is good.

#3 Mark Redman with a score of 4.27 – Lots of love for Redman. 3s from @Neighbor2972 and @79smoothdawg were his lowest scores.

#1 TIE Jalen McMillan and Myles Murao with a score of 4.67 – Crown jewels of the class and the highest scores in the 2 year history of this. Jalen's lowest score was a 4, but @DeepDawg must have been high on something when he gave Murao a 3.

First player to leave:
Jay'veon Sunday – 21%
Sam Adams – 21%
Ethan Garbers – 13%
James Smith – 13%
Mason West - 11%
Jack Yary - 11%
Other receiving votes - Smalls, Odunze, Covington

Most overrated:
Sav'ell Smalls – 48%
Sam Adams – 18%
Ethan Garbers – 15%
Geirean Hatchett – 8%
Mason West - 11%
Jack Yary - 11%
Other receiving votes - McDonald, Smith, McMillan, and Green - @CallMeBigErn how can a long snapper be overrated?

Most underrated:
Gaard Memmelaar – 29%
Sawyer Racanelli – 17%
Mark Redman – 13%
Rome Odunze – 10%
Jay'veon Sunday - 10%
Other receiving votes - Esteen, Bruener, Jackson, Murao, Covington
Tagged:

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I gave anyone I didn't remember anything about a 3 because I'm classy like that.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

Recruiter rankings in GPA format
    Note: I screwed up the wording, so I take responsibility for a few of the screwy scores.

Bhonapha - 1.37 I can see him being pretty happy with this score given the effort. I'd argue maybe he deserves more like a C- given his two recruits, but I understand the hate.
    Adams - 3.65 Had 2 of the top 4 recruits and the guy who finished 2nd in underrated. Great score, dragged down by 2 Ds.
    Huff - 3.80 Magna cum laude for Huff with this class.
    Malloe - 1.33 Almost beat Bonerpopper and didn't recruit anyone. I guess he had an assist on Smalls...
    Kwiatkowski - 2.71 Solid score for Coach K, but I would argue it should be higher because he got Smalls. Could be low because of my wording.
    Gregory - 0.43 End his tenure already
    Harris - 1.12 On academic probation, and it doesn't look good...
    Lake - 2.45 Much like the rest of the Lake tenure so far

The doogliest grader was @CallMeBigErn with an average score of 3.96 and the biggest negadawg was @ttj with an average of 2.39. Highest correlation with overall results was @Sarkingham and the lowest correlation was @79smoothdawg

Lastly, 53% believe JTT will sign with UW and 65% believe that Egbuka will sign with UW.

I hope you enjoyed this year's edition. Happy to provide additional information if you want it.

Everybody has to be good at something.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

#12 Sawyer Racanelli with a score of 3.37 – Big jump in scores here for Racanelli. Received 2s from 5 people and a 5 from @CallMeBigErn who must be a fellow Hockinson alum.

#11 Makell Esteen with a score of 3.41 – Almost all 3s and 4s for Esteen who had a good showing. Just 2s from @Houhusky @Ice_Holmvik and @picalogestabo and 5s from @Mad_Son and @CallMeBigErn

Was I the only 5 for Tom Sawyer? He's gonna be a fucking beast.

I gave Esteen a 5? My bartender must have poured a little extra this morning. He's a 4.

• DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hand up didn't proofread my shit. Giving Murao a 3 was entirely an accident but I'm a faggot for it nonetheless
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    I’m not dooging out for Smalls. And being bummed about a tie for fifth is ultimate Doog
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    But I read that Sunday is the next Frank Gore
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Peacock got underrated a bit because he was overshadowed in this class. Think I gave him a 3, but it wont be a surprise at all if he ends up higher.

Garbers got fucked by the fact he's going to be behind Sam Huard. Gotta assume he's a future transfer candidate if you assume Huard will live up to his rating...and I do. In a vacuum I would have been debating between 4* and 5* for Garbers.

Everyone from Sam Adams on up looks about right.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Garbers was hard to grade, as quarterbacks tend to be either a zero or a four/five. No disrespect to Huard, but Garbers' numbers were ridiculous against tougher competition than KC plays and his older brother is a successful starting PAC-12 QB. He's actually my favorite to win the job whenever football resumes, in which case I wouldn't be shocked if he kept Huard off the field for a few years. It's either that or none of that at all happens, he transfers out, and he's a zero-star.

The above holds true for kickers as well. They're either a starting kicker and therefore--for better or worse--have the second highest impact on win/loss record behind quarterback or they're not the starting kicker, in which case they're a zero star. Only for kickers it's worse, as the backup tends to not have the goddamned common courtesy to LEAVE!

OL are so hard to grade. Seems like a random number generator which ones are going to work out. There's such a huge difference between being the biggest guy on the field and pushing little scrawny try-hards like myself around in high school to manning up and facing Tuli or Sama in your first collegiate practice. I'm at the point of just giving every OL a 3*--unless they appear to be something absolutely special like Murao--assuming that it'll all average out between the complete flameouts and surprise studs like Kirkland and Harris.

Don't care if a long snapper will start from day one. Nearly every school in the country has a walk-on handling that duty, and it seems to work out for all of them. A long snapper has a 2* ceiling.

Most likely to transfer out was tough with this class. Quarterback is obvious candidate in any class, but you also have truck bed issue with Adams, distance and new baby with Sunday, and obvious red flags with Yary.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

But I read that Sunday is the next Frank Gore

He’s going to be good. My only worry is he will bolt if it doesn’t happen right away.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Woof said:

Note: I screwed up the wording, so I take responsibility for a few of the screwy scores.

Bhonapha - 1.37 I can see him being pretty happy with this score given the effort. I'd argue maybe he deserves more like a C- given his two recruits, but I understand the hate.
    Adams - 3.65 Had 2 of the top 4 recruits and the guy who finished 2nd in underrated. Great score, dragged down by 2 Ds.
    Malloe - 1.33 Almost beat Bonerpopper and didn't recruit anyone. I guess he had an assist on Smalls...
    Kwiatkowski - 2.71 Solid score for Coach K, but I would argue it should be higher because he got Smalls. Could be low because of my wording.

The doogliest grader was @CallMeBigErn with an average score of 3.96 and the biggest negadawg was @ttj with an average of 2.39. Highest correlation with overall results was @Sarkingham and the lowest correlation was @79smoothdawg

Lastly, 53% believe JTT will sign with UW and 65% believe that Egbuka will sign with UW.

I hope you enjoyed this year's edition. Happy to provide additional information if you want it.

How about the individual poster rating for each player?
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    https://youtu.be/6xXlgGOHvJs

I think I confused Peacock and Rosengarten. They all look alike anyway.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

Being a doog is not a talent.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I think people are really sleeping on Sunday ... I think Adams is going to be a massive bust
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 707
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I admit, i got my tight ends mixed up.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Tequilla said:

I think people are really sleeping on Sunday ... I think Adams is going to be a massive bust

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Woof said:

Free pub!