Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Djouvensky Schlenbaker, 2022 3* RB, Bellingham (Squalicum), WA (Offered)

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Who was that huge RB we got like 15 or 20 years ago from Jackson High School or one of those schools up in the Mill Creek Area? I just wasted 5 minutes trying to remember and going through old recruiting classes and so now I have to ask...

Johnie Kirton.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Who was that huge RB we got like 15 or 20 years ago from Jackson High School or one of those schools up in the Mill Creek Area? I just wasted 5 minutes trying to remember and going through old recruiting classes and so now I have to ask...

Johnie Kirton?
    (RIP)
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Johnie Kirton?
    Yeah thats it. Couldn't find his name in the 247 commit pages from 2002 through 2007 (I'm probably blind) and can't remember what class he was in. But I remember being really psyched at the time that we were getting a RB that big. RIP.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

8 incher from Rylan Spencer (WA preps TBSer). This is probably the news Ektards been teasing.

Nvmd, Spencer says it's someone else.

He put in the CB but says it'll be a while before he commits.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Johnie Kirton?
    Yeah thats it. Couldn't find his name in the 247 commit pages from 2002 through 2007 (I'm probably blind) and can't remember what class he was in. But I remember being really psyched at the time that we were getting a RB that big. RIP.
    @GrandpaSankey True?
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kirton languished in the shitty Ty progrum. Got moved to DL way too late.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Didn't he finish at TE?
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Looks like he was all 3.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Didn't he finish at TE?
    That's how I remember it. He was recruited as a DL, or at least everyone knew that where he'd start out.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Johnie Kirton
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Dude looks like a monster.

I've seen him live in lacrosse and football. Stud.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Johnnie Kirton.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I just remembered the guy you were trying to think of. It was Johnnie Kirton
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Johnnie Kirton.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam

We could do a whole canceled season thread on the bullets that Gilby and Ty wasted through mismanagement and bad coaching

I've blacked most of it out since I was blacked out most of the time but there were some players. Our? NFL contributions went into the crapper but we had some. Marcel Reese for one

Ty blundered into some good to amazing players. Gilby really didn't, but he inherited some.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

We could do a whole canceled season thread on the bullets that Gilby and Ty wasted through mismanagement and bad coaching

I've blacked most of it out since I was blacked out most of the time but there were some players. Our? NFL contributions went into the crapper but we had some. Marcel Reese for one

Ty blundered into some good to amazing players. Gilby really didn't, but he inherited some.
    Right, Gilby inherited the 12-0 Rick recruits. And went 6-6 which was good for him

You could see in the closing stretch and the games against the dynasty how good the Huskies were

Like when they lost to Nevada