Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quarantine Queery for #MyDrinkers

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Not much of a drinker anyways. Kills my buzz and makes me sleepy. I drink sometimes with the GF since she has fun, but now she decided to stop altogether. Fine by me!

Get a new girlfriend.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gone down a little
    less business travel and entertainment = less drinking

sad.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Increased a lot

less business travel and entertainment = less drinking

sad.

I definitely miss client entertainment drinking right now. Hell I’ve had $3000 19th century cognac at work functions.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gone down a little
    Down a little bit - but since I started very high on the scale I am still drinking a lot. So a typical crap pole as usual.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Not much of a drinker anyways. Kills my buzz and makes me sleepy. I drink sometimes with the GF since she has fun, but now she decided to stop altogether. Fine by me!

Sipping beer or wine makes you tired. No way youre tired after taking 6-8 shots of Tequila or Whiskey.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gone down a lot

chuck said:

I drink sometimes with the GF since she has fun, but now she decided to stop altogether. Fine by me!

Somebody's willing to fuck you while sober!? Nice humble brag.

When you assume...
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gone down a lot

chuck said:

Sipping beer or wine makes you tired. No way youre tired after taking 6-8 shots of Tequila or Whiskey.
    I'd be dead from 6-8 shots, or at least unable to perform if my sober GF did give me the green light.

In all seriousness, I dont look it but I'm a pretty severe diabetic. Effects of drinking are variable depending on what I drink and unpredictable at times. Hard liquor usually drops my blood sugar precipitously and I have to stop after 1-2 drinks. Usually I just get sleepy from beer and wine, but it can also spike me leading to...more sleepiness and slow death. I mostly avoid that.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    edited July 2020
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'd be dead from 6-8 shots, or at least unable to perform if my sober GF did give me the green light.

In all seriousness, I dont look it but I'm a pretty severe diabetic. Effects of drinking are variable depending on what I drink and unpredictable at times. Hard liquor usually drops my blood sugar precipitously and I have to stop after 1-2 drinks. Usually I just get sleepy from beer and wine, but it can also spike me leading to...more sleepiness and slow death. I mostly avoid that.
    About 6 years ago, I got a constant glucose monitor. Now, if I decide to get drunk, I'm fairly confident I'm not going to have a diabetic spaz and die. I don't get drunk often, but I do drink often. What can I say - I'm a whore for beer. And rum. And, you know, gin. And stuff.

Now if we're talking about weed consumption - holy fuck. I'm going to wipe out that whole stimulus payment it's gone up so much.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,681
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Increased some
    dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

About 6 years ago, I got a constant glucose monitor. Now, if I decide to get drunk, I'm fairly confident I'm not going to have a diabetic spaz and die. I don't get drunk often, but I do drink often. What can I say - I'm a whore for beer. And rum. And, you know, gin. And stuff.

Now if we're talking about weed consumption - holy fuck. I'm going to wipe out that whole stimulus payment it's gone up so much.
    Weed and rib steaks. Price through the roof
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    Founders Club
    Increased a lot
    bigly
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Increased a lot
    dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Can confirm
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Stayed same — always been a chinebriate

I’m trying to watch my caloric intake. And there’s no fucking way I’m drinking light beer.

Ain’t no laws where there’s claws.
    Now you understand
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Stayed same — always been a chinebriate
    Honestly down I think. But who the hell knows. I showed up at about 1pm yesterday at work because I was pretty hungover.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gone down a lot
    dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I havent noticed a change in weed prices yet. Maybe it's still coming. I hope not. Our consumption is through the roof too.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno's liquor cabinet
    The Great Show: Eps 1 & 2 First Impressions – Bitches Over Dramas
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    chuck said:

dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I havent noticed a change in weed prices yet. Maybe it's still coming. I hope not. Our consumption is through the roof too.
    I was talking about my consumption, not the prices. Apparently I need a lot more weed to get through the week than I used to.