Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ethan Calvert, 2021 4* ATH, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

He's right up there with the other crucial targets still on the board. Get Calvert, JTT and Egbuka and all the other fuckery is at least partially forgotten and mostly forgiven for now.

Get the fuck outta here! JTT?
    I have about 450 unread posts in the JTT thread. If it's not looking good I choose to stay blissfully ignorant for now.
    That thread is still at less than half the posts that the Savell thread has. Get in now before it gets worse
    I skipped 500+ posts in the Smalls thread and swooped in for the win at the end. That approach seemed to suit me.
    FO,C. You should have suffered through that with the rest of us.
    I just tried. I speed scanned from page 45 or so up to about 60. Couldnt take any more and skipped to page 74.

Fuck this board, fuck this hobby, fuck Oregon, fuck Jimmy, fuck...everything.

Oh and fuck JCduck most of all. I never liked him or valued anything he had to say at dm.com. it was always obvious he was subtle flaming UW. I figured it was because he was a JC guy and didnt like UW for not recruiting the guys he promoted. All the JCduck insults thrown at him there seemed petty and off the mark. Guess I was wrong. What a fucking weirdo.
    You really think that's JCKevin? I can't decide.
    I'm really not sure. About 81% yes though.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Eklund is hearing UW is back in it for Calvert and is co-leading with UCLA. Says Calvert is the only ILB UW is still recruiting

Ektard says today UW is no longer in consideration. 81% chance he completely made up the previous comment about them being in the lead with UCLA.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Taking only 1 ILB who has serious academic and athletic red flags couldn't possibly backfire.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    We were never in on Calvert. Maybe a sympathy/courtesy virtual hat on the table for his older brother. That's it.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

We were never in on Calvert. Maybe a sympathy/courtesy virtual hat on the table for his older brother. That's it.

Has he committed yet?
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

I'm old enough to remember doogin over possibly having the best LB class of all time just a year ago. Keith Brown (FSP), Calvert (big bro on the squad), Simon (local), Latu (local).... All high 4 stars.

Not quite the result I was looking for.

Yep.

As a side note most people that follow recruiting routinely overrate connections to out of state recruits like FSP, siblings, former teammates, or high school coach.

All those connections do is get you in the door. There is still a high chance with any highly recruited kid not from Washington that they just aren’t interested in UW.

And even if they are interested we would still have to out recruit USC, Oregon, SEC, etc. which only happened with any significant frequency in 2018 and 2019 in the many years since I’ve been following recruiting.
    True. But I was thinking with FSP, a bro, and two local recruits we’d at worst be happy with the result. Then I remembered bob was recruiting and well... not so much
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    Does bobby g ever go to bed thinking "I'm a shitty recruiter"?

No

He thinks "how can I get the most out of kyler manu?.... Hmmnnn ...."
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Can’t help but laugh at Bobby Gregory trying to recruit
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    Founders Club
    Fuck Jimmy Lake for not firing him when he had the chance. Beta pussy. We’re fucked.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fuck Jimmy Lake for not firing him when he had the chance. Beta pussy. We’re fucked.

But they're friends.....
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah... CB’s all over.

Bob needs to get the type of covid you don’t walk away from.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    edited November 2020
    He just committed to Utah. Wow! Not sure how usc fucked that up.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Telling the kid from Bethel he wasn't good enough for them was the right move