Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mycah Pittman, 4* 2019 WR, Calabasas (HS), CA - Offered 4/19/18

Comments

• Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    All I know is Pittman fuckin balled out when healthy last year, especially against the Dawgs.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DoogDawg said:

Ektard is an idiot, but so is Pittman if he doesn't think every single program is asking probing questions about his family and personal life during recruitment. Welcome to coaches doing their due diligence when you get a scholarship offer to play big boy college football.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious based on all the reporting at the time and the way things went down that Pittman's behavior at the UW camp caused him to lose favor with UWs coaches and hes trying to change that narrative now the Oregon fans are sending him all these screenshots of Eklund talking shit about him.

That being said, you're a fucking retard, Eklund. Why add fuel to the fire when you know for a fact that Oregon has been very successful in using negative recruiting against UW. Why give locker room bulletin board material to this kid.
    I chinned this. I think there was probably some hesitation by Petersen when Pittman didn’t iron his shirt and tuck it in when showing up to camp.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why does Scott continue to bash these kids. Just no need

Because his life is pathetic and he sucks at it.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Because his life is miserable and pathetic and he sucks at it.
    FTFY
    edited July 2020

Here’s my rub and, yes, I am biased: Pittman has been nothing but a great representative for Oregon. He plays his heart out, puts out vlogs giving us a peak at student life, he works hard, etc.

What I don’t get is you had to look no further than his brother Michael. I don’t follow a lot of players outside of Oregon on twitter but I’ve followed Michael and he seems like a genuinely good guy. If CP dug that much into his family, it seems paranoid. Did Mycah “jaw” a little at the camp and act like an alpha? Good lord Thibodeaux was accused of being cancerous too and he has been nothing but a model citizen.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    lawsandl said:

Here’s my rub and, yes, I am biased: Pittman has been nothing but a great representative for Oregon. He plays his heart out, puts out vlogs giving us a peak at student life, he works hard, etc.

What I don’t get is you had to look no further than his brother Michael. I don’t follow a lot of players outside of Oregon on twitter but I’ve followed Michael and he seems like a genuinely good guy. If CP dug that much into his family, it seems paranoid. Did Mycah “jaw” a little at the camp and act like an alpha? Good lord Thibodeaux was accused of being cancerous too and he has been nothing but a model citizen.
    It's true. My ice dealer in Springfield told me he saw Thibodeaux helping a little old lady cross a street during rush hour.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Or maybe the UW staff didn't completely have their head in the sand and were aware of the very public way in which Michael Pittman Sr. lashed out at the USC staff for misusing their son at USC? The stories were all over the place. Whether it would prove to be the case or not (Pittman Sr. having a legitimate beef), any coach in the country would be merely doing due diligence to ask around and try figuring out if Dad would be a pain in the ass or if it was a single, explainable incident.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

All I know is Pittman fuckin balled out when healthy last year, especially against the Dawgs.

Ladies and gentlemen we now have a low bar for what can be determined as "fuckin ballin out," particularly against Washington. Credit gave for being a true freshman but 30% of his "highlight video" from 2019 is posing after make pedestrian catches and getting tackled in Bacceliaesque ways. Jordan Chin balled out more in that game than Pittman. Pittman caught a pass that the OC that apparently sucked perfectly dialed up that anyone who runs under a 5 second 40 would have scored on running in a straight line and 12 yard catch.

edited July 2020

lawsandl said:

Or maybe the UW staff didn't completely have their head in the sand and were aware of the very public way in which Michael Pittman Sr. lashed out at the USC staff for misusing their son at USC? The stories were all over the place. Whether it would prove to be the case or not (Pittman Sr. having a legitimate beef), any coach in the country would be merely doing due diligence to ask around and try figuring out if Dad would be a pain in the ass or if it was a single, explainable incident.
    Sorry, but that is a conversation you have with the parent and the kid. It’s really simple and it’s common sense. What are you going to get from a committed PSA about the details about that situation? FFS, USC is highly dysfunctional. You’re in a people business, deal with the drama and move on.
    edited July 2020

Beno4Life said:

Ladies and gentlemen we now have a low bar for what can be determined as "fuckin ballin out," particularly against Washington. Credit gave for being a true freshman but 30% of his "highlight video" from 2019 is posing after make pedestrian catches and getting tackled in Bacceliaesque ways. Jordan Chin balled out more in that game than Pittman. Pittman caught a pass that the OC that apparently sucked perfectly dialed up that anyone who runs under a 5 second 40 would have scored on running in a straight line and 12 yard catch.

He was Oregon’s best WR last year when healthy. He’s going to have a great career but needs to protect his body.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

He was Oregon’s best WR last year when healthy. He’s going to have a great career but needs to protect his body.
    lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

I don't know if I would go around telling people a small, not fast WR who never had more than four catches, 60 yards or a non-screen, non-garbage time TD was your best receiver. That's not a good thing. Juwan and Johnny (the next Dillon Mitchell) Johnson, were better even when Pittman was healthy though.

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

I don't know if I would go around telling people a small, not fast WR who never had more than four catches, 60 yards or a non-screen, non-garbage time TD was your best receiver. That's not a good thing. Juwan and Johnny (the next Dillon Mitchell) Johnson, were better even when Pittman was healthy though.
    Pittman gets open, catches the ball and is good after the catch 🤷🏼‍♂️.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Closed_thread.jpg
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

lawsandl said:

Beno4Life said:

Pittman has the surest hands on the team.