Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nordstrom Board of Directors

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
2/3 years ago Nordstrom Board of Directors decided that the $50 buyout to go by private by the Nordstrom family was not high enough.

Today it's at $15, and as soon as Macy's and Bed Bath Beyond go bankrupt (not a matter of if just when) then they, Kohl's and Gap will be on the clock next.

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have some connections there and I think they actually have a pretty damn good business strategy during and coming out of the pandemic. I think they'll be fine unlike a lot of their peers.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I have some connections there and I think they actually have a pretty damn good business strategy during and coming out of the pandemic. I think they'll be fine unlike a lot of their peers.

Huh. I’m actually worried about them. True, they’re in a stronger position than most retailers, so they’ll survive, but not without a lot of painful changes. They made a big misstep in opening that huge flagship store in NYC (IMO) and seems like the Rack division is keeping them afloat...I don’t want them to become a glorified TJ Maxx!

It will be interesting to see how the big Anniversary Sale goes...that event is a big one for the company.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Young women would get a prom dress and return it no questions asked
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They closed two of the four Nordstroms in the Portland area, most recent casualty was just last month. Now I have to go more out of my way to return those trunk club boxes.

I'll never forget this dude sprinting out of the downtown one, holding a rack of ladies jackets. Yelling "does anyone want to buy a coat half price?" He made it past Pioneer Courthouse Square before some cops tackled him. He could have gotten away if he didn't stop when someone wanted to look at one.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I need to go to the dashboard and make sure this isn't Eklund's alt account
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It was a terrible time for Blake to pass away. Incredibly sad. The other brothers can’t lead