Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-Football-Recruiting-Sam-Huard-Elite-11-Finals-148629782/

And Huard continues to recruit for the Huskies.

“It starts with Junior (Alexander) and Jabez (Tinae),” said Huard. “I’m around them more than anyone else and I’m always telling them, hey lets stay and play with each other for 3-4 more years. And Emeka (Egbuka) I have been throwing with him more the last couple of weeks. I’m trying to get him to stay home. And I’m still talking to Troy (Franklin) and still trying to change his mind. Those are the main four.”

He also has a couple of other linemen he’s talking to.

“Of course, I’m still trying to get J.T. (Tuimoloau) and I’m hoping to get Owen Prentice too. We’re trying to keep this in-state class together,” said Huard. “We got Will Latu and Caden Jumper already too.”

Boy that sounds ominous. "still trying" and "hoping".

FML.
    You're trying to parse a 16 year old's words. How do you sleep at night?
    Great after I cum
    In ballz sock?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This will hurt his chances of starting from day 1. We better pray Sirmon is good.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This will hurt his chances of starting from day 1. We better pray Sirmon is good.

But is he being "forced" into it?
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is this a good thing?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hopefully he’ll see signs that season won’t take place in the spring early in and change his plans.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

But is he being "forced" into it?
    Huard is probably a Covidiot but yes, Sam was “forced” to make a choice between following his plan to graduate in December and join UW for spring ball or playing his senior season. Really stupid nitpick by DDY even if he was technically correct. Which he wasn’t.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Good for him. Being upset he's not going to enroll early is silly.

For all we know college football could be moved to spring and their won't be spring practices anyway. We may never play football again, who cares.

Exactly.

It also shows that the kid wants to win and wants to finish what he started with his teammates.

Of course that is probably because I want to mean that and I want the Huskies to have a QB who only cares about winning.

And going deep. ISHIT.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    dnc said:

Enrolling early to skip your senior season are the kids who will skip the bowel games.

Would much rather he go get a ring.

@JulienSimonTrojan true???
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

"I talked to Emeka on the phone, just seeing what he wanted to do, right after the announcement," said Egbuka. "Like with me, I think it's a different case for us two, because JT could win another one and he was playing basketball too, but for us, we had always been set on getting to college."

Was this a transcription error? I'm assuming one of those names is supposed to be Sam or Huard and the other is either Emeka or Egbuka? So is this saying Egbuka is enrolling early and Huard is staying for high school ball?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

"I talked to Emeka on the phone, just seeing what he wanted to do, right after the announcement," said Egbuka. "Like with me, I think it's a different case for us two, because JT could win another one and he was playing basketball too, but for us, we had always been set on getting to college."

Was this a transcription error? I'm assuming one of those names is supposed to be Sam or Huard and the other is either Emeka or Egbuka? So is this saying Egbuka is enrolling early and Huard is staying for high school ball?
    It should say "said Huard".
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Of course it is. Not that hard to figure out
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701

The interesting part is Egbuka also told the recruiting people he was gonna stay. So he was telling different stories to his friends and the recruiting people or he changed his mind?

The interesting part is Egbuka also told the recruiting people he was gonna stay. So he was telling different stories to his friends and the recruiting people or he changed his mind?
    I think you misinterpreted the quote. Sam is saying he and Emeka has always planned on graduating early and enrolling early. But they both wanted to win a state title, so this. Hanged things for them. JTT already has one so it may be different for him, but Sam and Emeka have to rethink things because they want state titles.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is what confused me as well. The article is clearly about Sam not enrolling early, but then there's an Egbuka who talked to Emeka, and their plan was always to go to college. I thought maybe there was a bit clipped out and that line was Emeka's dad talking about his son and their plan as a family for him to enroll early as opposed to Sam staying and playing high school ball.

I see now that the meaning was that both were going to enroll early, but now they plan on both staying (with that second part merely implied).

Ps, it has been edited in the article now to:

“I talked to Emeka on the phone, just seeing what he wanted to do, right after the announcement,” said Huard.