Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ethan Calvert, 2021 4* ATH, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

There is, which is why they have an early signing period and the normal signing period. Hence the word ‘period’.

And there is this:

‘When your student-athlete receives their NLI document, the appropriate Signing Period should be checked. If the Signing Period has begun for their sport, they must sign within seven days of the issue date (noted on the document). If they receive the NLI document before the Signing Period window opens, they must wait until 7 a.m. of the first date of the period. The student-athlete's parent or legal guardian must also sign the document; college coaches cannot be present during the signing.‘

I believe the early signing period only lasts 3 days. Last year it was Dec 18th - Dec 20th.

The recruit could sign a financial aid agreement and avoid the NLI altogether, but those are fairly rare.

A period is what your mom didn’t have which brought us to this point.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

He's right up there with the other crucial targets still on the board. Get Calvert, JTT and Egbuka and all the other fuckery is at least partially forgotten and mostly forgiven for now.

Get the fuck outta here! JTT?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

He's right up there with the other crucial targets still on the board. Get Calvert, JTT and Egbuka and all the other fuckery is at least partially forgotten and mostly forgiven for now.

I have about 450 unread posts in the JTT thread. If it's not looking good I choose to stay blissfully ignorant for now.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I have about 450 unread posts in the JTT thread. If it's not looking good I choose to stay blissfully ignorant for now.
    That thread is still at less than half the posts that the Savell thread has. Get in now before it gets worse
    It’s gonna get so much worse
    Kill it all
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

That thread is still at less than half the posts that the Savell thread has. Get in now before it gets worse
    I skipped 500+ posts in the Smalls thread and swooped in for the win at the end. That approach seemed to suit me.
    FO,C. You should have suffered through that with the rest of us.
    FO, GS!

That thread featured some of my best work.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I skipped 500+ posts in the Smalls thread and swooped in for the win at the end. That approach seemed to suit me.
    People that read all this doog-colored glasses bullshit deserve to read 500 pages of shit.

FTP
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I'm with BTP that it's not hard to be a good recruiter. Being a really elite recruiter probably requires some unique skills, but being a good recruiter just comes down to effort.

I think there's just a lot of coaches who do not want to put in the effort, and/or they do not believe that getting marginally better recruits is as important as it is.

I think a lot of coaches believe the next guy on the list is just as good. That leads to less effort. And it’s not hard to get why coaches hate recruiting. You are a grown man talking and trying to relate with teenagers, their over protective mom with her hand out, their shady uncle, his high school position coach bothering you to talk at his youth ministry, etc.
    Stop with the whole latent racist ish or thought “moms with there hands out”,” coaches with there hands out” you sound like Doogman sound like Kim. Are moms over protective yes, that’s if the kid is an athlete or not but 99% of moms are only worried about their kid. I’m sure your wife is overprotective of your kids. It’s called nature. There are coaches with there hand out but that’s few and far between most coaches/advisors has been with the kid before anyone has ever thought of him. Think harder don’t fall into basic tropes. “Moms with there hands out” Get out of here!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

I'm with BTP that it's not hard to be a good recruiter. Being a really elite recruiter probably requires some unique skills, but being a good recruiter just comes down to effort.

I think there's just a lot of coaches who do not want to put in the effort, and/or they do not believe that getting marginally better recruits is as important as it is.

I think a lot of coaches believe the next guy on the list is just as good. That leads to less effort. And it’s not hard to get why coaches hate recruiting. You are a grown man talking and trying to relate with teenagers, their over protective mom with her hand out, their shady uncle, his high school position coach bothering you to talk at his youth ministry, etc.
    Stop with the whole latent racist ish or thought “moms with there hands out”,” coaches with there hands out” you sound like Doogman sound like Kim. Are moms over protective yes, that’s if the kid is an athlete or not but 99% of moms are only worried about their kid. I’m sure your wife is overprotective of your kids. It’s called nature. There are coaches with there hand out but that’s few and far between most coaches/advisors has been with the kid before anyone has ever thought of him. Think harder don’t fall into basic tropes. “Moms with there hands out” Get out of here!
    You’ve been watching the news too much. The lint was that it’s easy to understand why Bob Gregory probably doesn’t enjoy recruiting.
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

ATLDawg said:

You’ve been watching the news too much. The lint was that it’s easy to understand why Bob Gregory probably doesn’t enjoy recruiting.
    I agree to a point but life is sales, are there annoying parts to it yes but the reward typically out weighs the pain especially if your competitive. I just don’t like the bullshit tropes, essentially giving him an excuse. Because that’s not reality. Do your job
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I just tried. I speed scanned from page 45 or so up to about 60. Couldnt take any more and skipped to page 74.

Fuck this board, fuck this hobby, fuck Oregon, fuck Jimmy, fuck...everything.

Oh and fuck JCduck most of all. I never liked him or valued anything he had to say at dm.com. it was always obvious he was subtle flaming UW. I figured it was because he was a JC guy and didnt like UW for not recruiting the guys he promoted. All the JCduck insults thrown at him there seemed petty and off the mark. Guess I was wrong. What a fucking weirdo.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I just tried. I speed scanned from page 45 or so up to about 60. Couldnt take any more and skipped to page 74.

Fuck this board, fuck this hobby, fuck Oregon, fuck Jimmy, fuck...everything.

Oh and fuck JCduck most of all. I never liked him or valued anything he had to say at dm.com. it was always obvious he was subtle flaming UW. I figured it was because he was a JC guy and didnt like UW for not recruiting the guys he promoted. All the JCduck insults thrown at him there seemed petty and off the mark. Guess I was wrong. What a fucking weirdo.
    You really think that's JCKevin? I can't decide.