Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark only had 2 recruits drafted this year

For all this talk about Sark being a great recruiter because everyone says so only two guys were drafted which were ASJ and Sankey(Both early entry guys). Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre probably denied that opportunity had he redshirt them in 2010.

Keith Price a three year starter under Sark goes undrafted. He's supposedly this QB guru and can't even get Price drafted. Also for those who want to shit on Price well Sark had five years to recruit someone better than Price but failed to do so.

Looking at next year I only see Shaq and Shelton as the only for sure draft picks. Kikaua most likely will be. Kasen is an unknown. Peters if he declares will make it.

When all said and done I think Ty Willy might have produced more draft picks for guys he recruited than Sark. At the very least it will be close.

His recruiting classes were always ranked in the top 25 so talent wasn't the issue. The issue was lack of developing that talent. I know you won't see a post like this on Doogman as they want to brag up Sark how he landed two guys in the second round. Nevermind talented guys like Sean Parker, Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre all of which didn't really contribute as freshman went undrafted.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Boise State by the way had three guys drafted in the NFL. Guess Petersen can't recruit every dumb fuck with an agenda says so.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options

0-12 though.

After every win this year on twitter I plan on using 0-12.

"Gotta give up to Coach Petersen for beating powerhouse Georgia State six years after 0-12"
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

For all this talk about Sark being a great recruiter because everyone says so only two guys were drafted which were ASJ and Sankey(Both early entry guys). Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre probably denied that opportunity had he redshirt them in 2010.

Keith Price a three year starter under Sark goes undrafted. He's supposedly this QB guru and can't even get Price drafted. Also for those who want to shit on Price well Sark had five years to recruit someone better than Price but failed to do so.

Looking at next year I only see Shaq and Shelton as the only for sure draft picks. Kikaua most likely will be. Kasen is an unknown. Peters if he declares will make it.

When all said and done I think Ty Willy might have produced more draft picks for guys he recruited than Sark. At the very least it will be close.

His recruiting classes were always ranked in the top 25 so talent wasn't the issue. The issue was lack of developing that talent. I know you won't see a post like this on Doogman as they want to brag up Sark how he landed two guys in the second round. Nevermind talented guys like Sean Parker, Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre all of which didn't really contribute as freshman went undrafted.

another coach would have turned parker, duce, Smith and price into draft picks? Fucking ignoramus!
  • Options
    IDK bout Price but I think if Smith/Ducre had Petersen they would have been drafted.

He would have RS both of them so they'd be 5th year seniors going into 2014.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think we have quite a few Jr/Sr players that will make it. It's hard to tell though. Sometimes guys with little production get picked in the late rounds over guys with production but poor measurables.

Shelton, Peters, and Shaq are surefire NFL guys. Kasen too if he can come back from the injury. I could see him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 7th. I think someone would take a chance on him though. I would think Kikaha would get picked, but he has had 2 ACL tears and is an effort guy on the small side for a DE. It's hard to tell with OL that aren't dominant, but I think Charles has a good chance. Riva and Hatchie could get picked with a good season. I think they are probably free agent guys though, nothing special.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Parker will land somewhere, but all on his own.

He deserved better
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,010
    Founders Club

0-12 though.

I hate your avatar photo but I support the gays.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

Parker will land somewhere, but all on his own.

He deserved better

I like Parker, but he was 5'9" 190 and ran a 4.79 at his pro day. He had plenty of production to be drafted, but those numbers are really bad. He'll get to go to camp though, and if he plays well, they won't give a fuck about his size or 40.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Sark blew the careers of some linemen by playing them early and they got hurt. And as the OP notes, the proof is in the pudding, top 25 classes yet very little development. Frankly I see this trend following him to USC.