Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen Prentice, 2021 4* OL, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (COMMITTED)

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

If you don't think Scott Huff has proven himself as a recruiter then I think you need to take a walk on the beach with your husband or gender-fluid life partner and get some perspective.

Last year's OL class was an all-timer.... the best OL class these blessed guntlove eyes have seen since I started following this shit stain of a program. And the year before, he signed Fautanu, Buelow, and Kalepo.

Huff and Malloe are the only guys doing their fucking jobs right now.

Jimmy's staff is a truly underwhelming collection of guysms. If I had two position coaches to pick to be deep dickers though, it would be O and D line. Silver linings to the cloud that is UW recruiting.
    I'd probably put DB before DL, but it's close. And it makes it even more maddening that we had DBs locked down recruiting-wise with NoBallz on the case and we've now clearly gone off a cliff. From our best recruited position to likely our weakest at such a crucial position is a real dick punch.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

guntlove said:

If you don't think Scott Huff has proven himself as a recruiter then I think you need to take a walk on the beach with your husband or gender-fluid life partner and get some perspective.

Last year's OL class was an all-timer.... the best OL class these blessed guntlove eyes have seen since I started following this shit stain of a program. And the year before, he signed Fautanu, Buelow, and Kalepo.

Huff is our only assistant coach who has been a solid recruiter his entire time at UW. I'd like to see him flex his nuts a little and go after or flip one of the elite tackles that are out there to finish.

With Malloe, he falls down a rung imo if he whiffs on JTT this year. He had 2 bad years, 2 amazing years, another bad year last year, and a thus-far mediocre year this year. Voi and the Hawaiian kid are nice but I wouldnt call them huge recruiting victories and Suster is better than both of them. The Renton kid doesnt really count.
    Disagree both are more twitchy and better movers than Schuster. I’m not a huge fan of Schuster tbh, he’s like a watered down version of Bandes
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

Huff is our only assistant coach who has been a solid recruiter his entire time at UW. I'd like to see him flex his nuts a little and go after or flip one of the elite tackles that are out there to finish.

With Malloe, he falls down a rung imo if he whiffs on JTT this year. He had 2 bad years, 2 amazing years, another bad year last year, and a thus-far mediocre year this year. Voi and the Hawaiian kid are nice but I wouldnt call them huge recruiting victories and Suster is better than both of them. The Renton kid doesnt really count.
    Disagree both are more twitchy and better movers than Schuster. I’m not a huge fan of Schuster tbh, he’s like a watered down version of Bandes
    I think Schuater looks way better than that. I'd put him at least on level with those other guys. They all look great to me, and the beauty is they wont be needed for a couple of years.i want all three.
  • Options

guntlove said:

Irregardless, the they do not represent huge recruiting victories. If we dont get JTT, this DL class would not be indicative of an "elite" recruiter
    No shit POTD.
  • Options

guntlove said:

“Twitchy”

I’m sure dude.