Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Boeing

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Bought it at $93 in March. Still holding. Sell?

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It will probably come back. Just a matter of how long you willing to wait. Growth has been so rapid over the last few months I ditched some stuff I thought would be an easy win that would come back like delta. I’m glad I ditched it and found quicker wins
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Prepare for dilution. Going forward, who's buying planes? Lots of used inventory. Either way, it will be interesting.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It will probably come back. Just a matter of how long you willing to wait. Growth has been so rapid over the last few months I ditched some stuff I thought would be an easy win that would come back like delta. I’m glad I ditched it and found quicker wins

I’m already up about 100%

Expert me had a lot of Delta and Southwest. I bought more on the way down. Then I sold and took the crisp short term capital loss and rolled it into Starbucks @$50
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Expert me had a lot of Delta and Southwest. I bought more on the way down. Then I sold and took the crisp short term capital loss and rolled it into Starbucks @$50
    I have Alaska at $27.30

Baseman said:

I have Alaska at $27.30
    I like Alaska and Southwest long term. I kept most of my Southwest in my regular IRA
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

I have Alaska at $27.30
    I like Alaska and Southwest long term. I kept most of my Southwest in my regular IRA
    You have an IRA? I thought you were rich. Staff?

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

I have Alaska at $27.30
    You have an IRA? I thought you were rich. Staff?
    Old 401k rollover
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sell 1/2 lock in the gain. In 5 years it will be at $350.

They have a duopoly with Airbus, and they aren't doing any better either.

Vacation flying will come back. What there won't be as much of is flying for business purposes. With Zoom/other platforms, what this has taught them as you don't need nearly the face to face interactions to get deals done.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

Sell 1/2 lock in the gain. In 5 years it will be at $350.

They have a duopoly with Airbus, and they aren't doing any better either.

Vacation flying will come back. What there won't be as much of is flying for business purposes. With Zoom/other platforms, what this has taught them as you don't need nearly the face to face interactions to get deals done.
    Boeing is more than just the commercial aircraft; the whole defense sector is incredibly valuable.
    It's tough for me to comment on the defense side, but the commercial side is going to be in a world of hurt for several years. BCA has to deal with the following: an inferior single aisle product compared to Airbus on a platform that can't be extended any further, no sub-150 seat platform, a quality twin-aisle platform (787) competing internally with a larger twin-aisle platform (777X) which may never have the demand assumed for it due to COVID, and China, the source of many BCA and Airbus sales for the past 20 years, collapsing economically and building their own planes going forward.

BCA is in store for 5 years of pain and will be a drag on the whole company.