Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stock Talk

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Hearing Jeff Bezos will be selling more than books and his Amazon Co. is a worthwhile flier.

What stocks are you pigeons favoring and why? Discuss

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beyond Meat. The world will get used to the texture and the taste will be essentially the same. Don't know if they are the winner, but right now they have first mover advantage.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is IBM bigger than Apple?
    While IBM is one-tenth the size of Apple, it's still very large ($119 billion) and has been struggling to get bigger.Dec 23, 2019

Still blows my mind. IBM was at the table with Michael Corleone in Havana along with the other giants. They tried to swallow Bill Gates and crush Apple and ended up one tenth the size

They had 81% share of business machines and computers at one point
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    A buddy of mine was talking about whether it's a good time to get into Tesla today ...

I don't think it's a huge shock to think that picking a good winner or two in the clean energy Olympics will be a huge asset to a portfolio ...

But I'm a little hesitant to endorse electric cars at this point and Tesla in particular ... strikes me as a high price point and distance limitations make it highly niche to me at this point ... more intrigued about what possibilities they may have if they aggressively expand their presence in solar power with residential/commercial buildings.

Is IBM bigger than Apple?
    While IBM is one-tenth the size of Apple, it's still very large ($119 billion) and has been struggling to get bigger.Dec 23, 2019

Still blows my mind. IBM was at the table with Michael Corleone in Havana along with the other giants. They tried to swallow Bill Gates and crush Apple and ended up one tenth the size

They had 81% share of business machines and computers at one point

Seattle has the 1st and 3rd most valuable companies in the World and we’re pissing it all away.
    4 of the top 50 market cap companies reside in the Seattle area at this point
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

A buddy of mine was talking about whether it's a good time to get into Tesla today ...

I don't think it's a huge shock to think that picking a good winner or two in the clean energy Olympics will be a huge asset to a portfolio ...

But I'm a little hesitant to endorse electric cars at this point and Tesla in particular ... strikes me as a high price point and distance limitations make it highly niche to me at this point ... more intrigued about what possibilities they may have if they aggressively expand their presence in solar power with residential/commercial buildings.

150 times forward earnings. 270x TTM Free Cash Flow
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    Thinking of buying some WAMU.

I bought on the plummet. No one told me "don't catch a falling knife." Live and learn.
    Baseman said:

I bought on the plummet. No one told me "don't catch a falling knife." Live and learn.
    I almost moved back from Texas to take a job at WaMu months before it all went under
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

They are developing technology in the roofs though, that will solar charge, so you will eventually be able to stretch out the distance and charge unplugged.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

They are developing technology in the roofs though, that will solar charge, so you will eventually be able to stretch out the distance and charge unplugged.
    The Battery technology is the real prize for Tesla, not the cars. Their goal is to use a solar panel (you won't need to make your whole roof have solar panels) and funnel it into a battery that will hold it's charge for months at a time, and that's how you will power your house.
    Baseman said:

Hearing Jeff Bezos will be selling more than books and his Amazon Co. is a worthwhile flier.

What stocks are you pigeons favoring and why? Discuss

I looked at Amazon 15 years ago at 60 and it was just as overpriced/valued then as today.

They've won the retail game, and their next goal is to use drones to deliver items to people's houses, yet there are people who say if you back out Amazon Prime and Amazon Web Services, they lose money on retail b/c of shipping costs or play in the same margins as grocery stores 1-2%

Ultimate proof of you only have to be right once if you gamble on stocks theory. The other 999 out of 1000 companies you take a flyer on can go to zero, but if the one is Amazon and you hold it you win.

I worked with a guy who never seemed worry about keeping his job or making sales in a career that is solely judged on that metric and could never figure out why. Years later found out he bought $3000 worth in the early 90's on his son recommendation and has never sold a share and then it all made sense.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Power Plug. $PLUG. I bought at 3.28 in March. It’s now at 9.

Why?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Why?
    Why what?

Baseman said:

Why?
    Why what?
    Did you buy? What's a Power Plug?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Why?
    Why what?
    Did you buy? What's a Power Plug?
    I saw some credible analysis that values it over $8. I’ll probably sell tomorrow and lock in the gaines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug_Power
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You forgot how stupid everyone is here. This joke might have crushed elsewhere.