Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen Prentice, 2021 4* OL, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The test for Huff will be the national caliber OL recruit that is in his backyard ... can he fight off someone that EVERYBODY wants?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

On the recruiting front compared to his peers across the conference and country, has Huff reached "HE FUCKS" status? I feel like he checks a lot of the FUCKS boxes:

-Does not allow WA-grown #TrenchDawgs from leaving the Greatest State in the Union (PTSD Cozzetto 2012 class, Strausser Throckmorton and Fozzy).

-Recruits and signs out-of-state studs, ie Rosengarten and Myles Mater Dei Mauro.

-Identifies under-the-radar gems, ie Gaard and Wyrsch.

To me, last year was all-fucking time. If he can back up the last few years with keeping the 2022 elite crop home, then he's easily the best recruiter on staff. Operative word here is RECRUITING, not coaching, since Pete's asinine pass-blocking schemes (pulling a guard to pass block a fast-twitch DE?! JFC face palm) made any OL coach look terrible.

I'll take your comments off the air. Much obliged. #RideTheLightning

He's been pretty damn good recruiter since he stepped on campus. He did get his ass handed to him by Oregon a bit this year though. Next year he can pretty much stay home and put together a monster class.
    Think this year will tell us alot in terms of coaching/scheme ability (if the season is played)

Would LOVE Huff just to fuck with whoregon by pushing Kinglsey all the way to the end.

Next years class will be the true test for Huff he is truly "fuck level" status
    I don't think next year will tell us much. He *should* clean up instate next year.

Beyond next year will be the recruiting test.

Regardless I think he's a damn good recruiter.

Hopefully his coaching will match the recruiting.
    Not as sure as you are on his recruiting ability. Might be the PTSD Ive gotten from this year. But even in-state recruits are not layups for this staff. It is agonizing and slow. Wanna see how he does with Connerly and Agbo plus the other three. Not to keep playing the race card but there is only now one scholarship black OL on the roster in Vic Curne with Nick Harris leaving. Want to see if Huff can connect with Connerly and Agbo.
    This is a legitimate point.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

On the recruiting front compared to his peers across the conference and country, has Huff reached "HE FUCKS" status? I feel like he checks a lot of the FUCKS boxes:

-Does not allow WA-grown #TrenchDawgs from leaving the Greatest State in the Union (PTSD Cozzetto 2012 class, Strausser Throckmorton and Fozzy).

-Recruits and signs out-of-state studs, ie Rosengarten and Myles Mater Dei Mauro.

To me, last year was all-fucking time. If he can back up the last few years with keeping the 2022 elite crop home, then he's easily the best recruiter on staff. Operative word here is RECRUITING, not coaching, since Pete's asinine pass-blocking schemes (pulling a guard to pass block a fast-twitch DE?! JFC face palm) made any OL coach look terrible.

He's been pretty damn good recruiter since he stepped on campus. He did get his ass handed to him by Oregon a bit this year though. Next year he can pretty much stay home and put together a monster class.
    Think this year will tell us alot in terms of coaching/scheme ability (if the season is played)

Would LOVE Huff just to fuck with whoregon by pushing Kinglsey all the way to the end.

I don't think next year will tell us much. He *should* clean up instate next year.

Not as sure as you are on his recruiting ability. Might be the PTSD Ive gotten from this year. But even in-state recruits are not layups for this staff. It is agonizing and slow. Wanna see how he does with Connerly and Agbo plus the other three. Not to keep playing the race card but there is only now one scholarship black OL on the roster in Vic Curne with Nick Harris leaving. Want to see if Huff can connect with Connerly and Agbo.
    Is one black offensive lineman that far below the average? For example, I'm guessing half of the Big Ten doesn't even have one on scholarship. It's just not a predominantly black position.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Ummm... Myles Murao is black...
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    Beno4Life said:

That's not what my sources at doogman say.

They say if we focus on recruiting at the expense of developing we will end up like SC.

It's much safer to recruit try hards that are really happy to be here than risk having too much talent with the locker room problems that can cause.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

*1/4 black
    1/2 japanese
    1/4 caucasoid

Net predominately slow twitch peoples
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

OL tend to be the smartest players on the field, smart people tend to be more uniform in that they are most receptive to/require a rational pitch, Huff has likely developed such a pitch, QED Huff can likely recruit black OL. If they aren't smart enough to require a reason based pitch, you don't want them as OL, refer to Malloe/K/Cato. Admittedly, you do ultimately need to make the emotional close, but I would wager smart kids and their smart parents are able to make that a comparatively minor component of the process, and why every elite OL is at risk of being lost to Stanford.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Where do the 2022 in-state dudes rank as far as needs, % interest in UW, and rank?

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

Only non-in-state offer as of now:

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    edited July 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Think he’s half Asian as well but point still stands
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

4 for 4 next year and he fucks for sure
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Where do the 2022 in-state dudes rank as far as needs, % interest in UW, and rank?

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Per 247 that's two top 20 tackles nationally (6 and 20) and 3 top 20 guards nationally (6, 14 and 16).

Chinsane beefy class.

Get them all, IMO.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think Conerly maybe a tough pull next year. Not too worried about the other in-stateers
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)
    Per 247 that's two top 20 tackles nationally (6 and 20) and 3 top 20 guards nationally (6, 14 and 16).

Chinsane beefy class.

Get them all, IMO.
    We've gotta get some regional/national profile on some of our elite OL from the past two cycles. I remember there being buzz when we got Benji Olson and Olin Kreutz. I'd hate to put anyone next to Kreutz, but I think we've definitely got some guys at least near that caliber. With players actually talking to media on camera more and more, figure out which of the bona fide studs is most telegenic and get them in front of the camera and on marketing materials.
  • Options
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

1. Conerly (T, Beach)
    2. Agbo (T, Beamer)
    3. Iuli (G, Puyallup)
    4. Ioane (G, GK)
    5. Nabou (G, O'Dea)

1. Greene (G, Bosco)

Chinsane beefy class.

Get them all, IMO.
    We've gotta get some regional/national profile on some of our elite OL from the past two cycles. I remember there being buzz when we got Benji Olson and Olin Kreutz. I'd hate to put anyone next to Kreutz, but I think we've definitely got some guys at least near that caliber. With players actually talking to media on camera more and more, figure out which of the bona fide studs is most telegenic and get them in front of the camera and on marketing materials.
    Kreutz wasn't really the source of the buzz, it was Coats and Olson.