Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If he doesn't come to UW, Mike Hopkins should be fired. I like Paolo, and I think he still has room for growth, as do most 16-17 year olds. Funny what he says about Conroy because he would have been like 2 years old Conroy's senior season. He does make a good point thought that in two years, Battle and Tshonis will be Juniors. Stevenson who produced pretty well at Wichita will be a redshirt sophomore. Quade Green will be a senior, J'Raan Brooks (who honestly I'm not expecting too much out of) will be a reshirt Junior, Penn Johnson redshirt Junior, Bey a Senior, Nate Roberts redshirt Junior. That is obviously with the assumption all of those guys progress and get better. Add the kid from Olympia, and you should have a pretty good mix of shooters, distributors, and big men / rim protectors. I'm not certain they are world beaters but a fun team to watch.

Agree he’s a must get. I wish I agreed with the rest. Under normal circumstances I think they should improve a lot. But I haven’t seen that from any of Hop’s guys yet.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    DeepDawg said:

Washington: “Obviously both of my parents went there, that’s the hometown school. I have been up there countless times. My visit wouldn’t even really do anything because I have seen everything there. Coach [Will] Conroy and coach [Cameron] Dollar, I have known coach Conroy since he played at Washington and have known coach Dollar since he was coaching at Seattle. Then coach [Mike] Hopkins came in and embraced me. When he first came in he introduced himself, his first summer, right when he got here he came up to O’Dea and introduced himself. He was energetic and has been the same ever since. Obviously, some of my former teammates go there. They struggled this year but with the coaching staff they have and the freshman they have to build around, if I were to go there I would be able to walk into a really good situation.”

We have freshmen?
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020
  • CheeseDawgCheeseDawg Member Posts: 10
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Take... Between him and Stevenson they would be the best shooters UWs seen in a few years
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    I had a feeling he wasn't gonna last out there (at Michigan). I want him
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should be an easy take of UW can get him. He’s 6’7” and can shoot but is lacking physical development.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Should be an easy take of UW can get him. He’s 6’7” and can shoot but is lacking physical development.

Best description I saw "hes a white Scott Suggs"
    That'll do. I hope for more but I'd be satisfied with white Suggs.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How does a kid from Lynden end up going to Michigan?

Re: Paulo, we really going to go through that one and done shit again? Of course you want him, but building a successful program isn't going to happen because we get a guy like that. Also, Hopkins is still the coach with his shit zone and retard offense. Hopkins needs to go, first, before any progress can be made.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Re: Paulo, we really going to go through that one and done shit again? Of course you want him, but building a successful program isn't going to happen because we get a guy like that. Also, Hopkins is still the coach with his shit zone and retard offense. Hopkins needs to go, first, before any progress can be made.

I don't mind Hopkins' zone, though it certainly needs some tweaking in the post Matisse era.

The offense is completely fucktarded.

#FireHOp
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    OneNipple said:

dnc said:

I don't mind Hopkins' zone, though it certainly needs some tweaking in the post Matisse era.

#FireHOp
    Offense Sucks.....check
    Defense needs tweaked...check

How are the inbound plays?
    Too soon!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020
    dnc said:

#FireHOp
    He’s been recruiting too much for size and raw athletic ability. Erik and Cole are perfect. They need guys to stretch the floor on offense so they can run P&Rs with the bigs and Quade. Hopefully he figures it the fuck out and gets Hickman (more important than Paolo because he’ll be a high level college player for 3 years)
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Players moving around:

Not certain covid has stopped it but I guess he's going to spend some time this summer in Italy.
This discussion has been closed.