Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Twitter 12s are lining up to tell the team not to sign Antonio Brown

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Meanwhile

We're about to find out how serious #MyHooks are about winning.

Guessing not very.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Would he even be eligible? He was accused of sexual assault which is what prompted the Patriots to drop him. Seems like that, combined with his other, well-documented stupidity, makes him likely to end up on the commissioner's list.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    I blame the Burfict hit. Before Burfict almost took his head off in the AFC wild card game, Brown was close to normal. After he came back from that, he completely went off the rails. I don't think mentally he has the stability to make a team better. All it will take is one minor issue to arise, and he'll drag the entire franchise through hell. It's not like he's just different, he's quite possibly insane.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I blame the Burfict hit. Before Burfict almost took his head off in the AFC wild card game, Brown was close to normal. After he came back from that, he completely went off the rails. I don't think mentally he has the stability to make a team better. All it will take is one minor issue to arise, and he'll drag the entire franchise through hell. It's not like he's just different, he's quite possibly insane.

Different different different?
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

even if he's completely nuts he can still ball out for a season. It's risky but the Seahawks need to make a splash, I'd be for it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's going to play with Brady and do fine
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020

He is insane. It’s not going to end well for him when his playing days are done. I still want the Seahawks to sign him. It’s worth a risk. He will be suspended for half the year anyways and has to keep his head on to get a contract after the season.
    If you can get him cheap and only need him for a year, it might be a smart play. But, you need to have an established vocal veteran that can keep him in check. Brady and Rodgers might be the only two quarterbacks in the NFL that could tame him. I think he could rejuvenate his career if he went to Green Bay instead. I don't think Russ demands the respect like Brady and Rodgers do. I'm afraid Brown would walk all over Russ.