Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Robert Wyrsch, 2021 3* OL, Soquel (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you have studs in front of you, then it is possible to be buried before breaking out. The reality is tho, most of those guys will either transfer or get passed up by guys younger than them.

Sounds like we agree.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    https://theathletic.com/1799915/2020/05/07/rj-wyrsch-washington-commitment-2021-recruit/

“Honestly, a couple months ago, I was playing football just for the pure fact that I loved it so much,” R.J. said. “I worked out all the time just because I love football and wanted to be the best I could. Then I got a Twitter and started following coaches just to broaden my horizons about the whole game, and then I put my tape out there and coaches started talking to me. I was like, ‘Wow, I can really do this.’ I’m just all-in right now.”

Wyrsch has a long way to go as a player, but that’s part of what makes him such an intriguing prospect — he’s only been playing for a year and a half, already has made significant progress, and possesses the kind of build and mentality that can’t be taught. He’s raw, but it’s not difficult to understand why UW believes him worthy of a scholarship — he’s proven himself tough and physical, the two traits Lake values most, and shows an innate desire to learn.

“He’s got a baby-faced thing to him right now,” Lowery said, “but I can just see him really growing into something that everybody associated with him would be proud of. He’s played basketball, so you know he has athletic ability. And he doesn’t just play. He starts. He contributes. He’s got good body awareness. Got a natural feel for the game. He just has the building blocks, so to speak, and the work ethic to build upon those building blocks to put him in position to be successful.”
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    From the 10 NW/CA recruits that 247 most wants to see play this fall:

Soquel (Calif.) offensive lineman Robert Wyrsch is just 40 minutes up the road from Pulealii and he was another player we were eager to see in the spring after his first year of football last fall. Wyrsch committed to Washington, his first Pac-12 offer, with Husky offensive line coach Scott Huff going down in to the Golden State to land him. Wyrsch is a long and athletic prospect and has some similarities ability-wise to Ezra Cleveland, who Huff recruited and signed at Boise State, and his upside is off the charts with his 6-7, 270-pound frame. Hopefully we can get down that way to see him this fall.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hmmm, good supps.

Love the deltoid stretch marks. The kid has been putting in work. If he's really 6'7" that's impressive
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Hmmm, good supps.

Love the deltoid stretch marks. The kid has been putting in work. If he's really 6'7" that's impressive

I'm sure there's some fetish videos out there on the internet that feature your kink.
    He’s already here.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Hmmm, good supps.

I'm sure there's some fetish videos out there on the internet that feature your kink.
    Yeah, that's why I'm here.

Teen boi stalking ... Damn right!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

According to an interview he did with Huffman, there have been a lot of family zoom calls with the coaches where they talk a lot of things other than football.

Sounds like the Built For Life program and strategy is still a big part for Lake, which he previously said would be a major thing he keeps from Pete.

Also Huffman says that Wyrsch and Heims are two kids he expects will get a solid rating bump if they can get their senior seasons in, which is planned for January.

Playing one year of varsity football is only a positive for uw CRoots.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Also Huffman says that Wyrsch and Heims are two kids he expects will get a solid rating bump if they can get their senior seasons in, which is planned for January.

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

California is getting fucked for the next couple months. 18k cases and 120 deaths yesterday. Almost 6k cases and 40 deaths in LA county alone. Newsom is 100% shutting it down. Again.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

California is getting fucked for the next couple months. 18k cases and 120 deaths yesterday. Almost 6k cases and 40 deaths in LA county alone. Newsom is 100% shutting it down. Again.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Good thing I absconded back to the motherland during Covid but Inslee just copies California so I’m sure it’s not far behind