Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Local Media: Governor's Race

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Crickets...

It's almost like it's not even an election year. Inslee doesn't need to spend a dime because the media won't cover the fact other candidates are running.

Has anyone seen a news story?

Inslee needs to go.

Wife ( sorry no pics, but trust me, she is hot ) says I can't wear this mask in public.

Loren Culp all the way, man.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,777
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Crickets...

It's almost like it's not even an election year. Inslee doesn't need to spend a dime because the media won't cover the fact other candidates are running.

Inslee needs to go.

Wife ( sorry no pics, but trust me, she is hot ) says I can't wear this mask in public.

You misspelled Joshua Freed.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,867
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Shit, probably doesn’t matter if he’s gone or not really, it’s over in Washington. Too much deep state to get anything done. Probably could block some new stuff but zero chance at real reform.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    There is no race to bother discussing. R candidates are all nobodies in a blue state.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I don’t follow state politics closely enough, but would Inslee be asked to take a cabinet position if Biden were elected?

This article speculates him for a post in the EPA:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/opinion/biden-running-mate-cabinet.html

Walter Peck was unavailable.

https://youtu.be/STMgRwY5CwY
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,339
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

I don’t follow state politics closely enough, but would Inslee be asked to take a cabinet position if Biden were elected?

This article speculates him for a post in the EPA:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/opinion/biden-running-mate-cabinet.html

Walter Peck was unavailable.

https://youtu.be/STMgRwY5CwY

I literally just got finished watching ghost busters lol
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

I like Freed. He rebuilt Bothell with a minimum of tax money. What could he do for Washington with 52 billion at his disposal. I'm taking a stab to say he could find 1 billion in that to cover our shortfall.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,777

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

I like Freed. He rebuilt Bothell with a minimum of tax money. What could he do for Washington with 52 billion at his disposal. I'm taking a stab to say he could find 1 billion in that to cover our shortfall.
    Agreed - he's got the W. Washington roots to be considered something other than a redneck yokel (Sorry Loren Culp fans....being sheriff of Ferry County is slightly above Barney Fife status). If Freed stays away from getting painted as some religious zealot (the missionary past gives off weird vibes NTTAWWT) and runs on his record in Bothell and the 'not Inslee', he could do some damage.

It's already pretty well known that Inslee is angling for a DC post so why waste a vote on that clown in the off-chance Biden does pull a November surprise.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

Agreed - he's got the W. Washington roots to be considered something other than a redneck yokel (Sorry Loren Culp fans....being sheriff of Ferry County is slightly above Barney Fife status). If Freed stays away from getting painted as some religious zealot (the missionary past gives off weird vibes NTTAWWT) and runs on his record in Bothell and the 'not Inslee', he could do some damage.

It's already pretty well known that Inslee is angling for a DC post so why waste a vote on that clown in the off-chance Biden does pull a November surprise.

If Freed plays his cards right the charity/missionary work in impoverished African communities could swing some moderate left votes. He doesn't have enough money or cache to win the election though. None of the republicans do. Eyeman is leading the early surveys and he is a disaster. Freed will get my vote but it really feels like throwing it down a deep dark hole.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

If Freed plays his cards right the charity/missionary work in impoverished African communities could swing some moderate left votes. He doesn't have enough money or cache to win the election though. None of the republicans do. Eyeman is leading the early surveys and he is a disaster. Freed will get my vote but it really feels like throwing it down a deep dark hole.
    The Majority of W. WA voters are bleating sheep, striving for relevance in the world, while leeching as much free shit as possible off the few productive souls who remain in the area. Bellingham to Olympia is one Giant Embarrassment.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

I assume Eyman is simply based on name recognition. That's what the GOP in Washington state lacks IMO. The only way to get Inslee out is with another democrat but they stick together thick as thieves.

Trump's 30 years as a brand was way undervalued in 2016. He made Hillary look like a prop. Biden even more so.

Washington has elected more than one news anchor to office. Mayor Royer comes to mind
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,097

Crickets...

Inslee needs to go.

I don't know the voting capital that Eastern Washington brings to the table, but I imagine it's more than what W. Washington Republicans can bring for Freed (also, the religious zealot thing as you mentioned). How many east of the mountains would support Freed?

That said, it's all a mute point anyway.