Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Take it to the Tug!!

NO.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Take it to the Tug!!

NO.
    I kid. I kid. But Charlie was definitely was a hard right good ol' boy. I have some of of his stuff on vinyl.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    David Allan Coe is probably next. He's 80 and still touring. His concert postponement is one of the many casualties of the 'vid.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Prior to his hard right turn, Charlie was a lifestyle influencer of young college-age boys...saw him at Hec Ed, maybe in 81, with Jerry Jeff. 2 memories stand out...I sold a frosty Rainier pounder to a parched fellow traveler for $10 from the passenger seat of my buddy’s Z28 while stuck in traffic on 520 bridge on the way...and when he came out on stage, it was raining Skoal cans...RIP / CSB

https://youtu.be/JuAMm2Ub-60
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-young-donald-trump-plays-his-music-with-no-regard-for-my-rights-1025124/

“Although I have repeatedly asked you to please not use my music because it indicates that I support your agenda you have always played my songs anyway at your gatherings, with no regard for my rights, even calling me names on Twitter,” he wrote.

“Because you are in charge of the COVID-19 response here in the USA, I will not sue (as certainly is my right) potentially distracting from your important work at hand protecting and saving American lives,” he continues. “With the enormous power you wield on our behalf, I wish you all the best in your critical battle to save American souls from this threat.”

Despite their vast political differences, Trump is a long-time fan of Neil Young. “He’s got something very special,” Trump told Rolling Stone in 2008. “His voice is perfect and haunting. He’s 63 and I don’t think it’s changed. It’s more important than his playing, ’cause you have so many great players — but there’s just one voice like that. Whatever the hell ‘it’ is, he’s got it.”

Trump was spotted at several New York City Neil Young concerts in the 2000s and he quoted him (“As you go through life, you’ve got to see the valleys as well as the peaks”) in a 2014 tweet. They met up at Trump’s office the year when Young was looking for investors for his digital audio company, Pono. The next year, however, Trump announced his campaign for the presidency and their relationship soured.

“Here is a photo of Neil Young in my office and his $$ request,” Trump tweeted in 2015 after Young first criticized his use of “Rockin’ in the Free World” at his rallies. “Total hypocrite.”

Young supported Bernie Sanders in the 2020 Democratic primary, but he’s now fully behind Joe Biden. Earlier this month, he released a new version of his 2006 song “Lookin’ for a Leader” that encourages listeners to reject Trump and support the former Vice President.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So true. Art is art, and if it’s good, no one should care who the fuck the artist votes for or supports...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-young-donald-trump-plays-his-music-with-no-regard-for-my-rights-1025124/

“Although I have repeatedly asked you to please not use my music because it indicates that I support your agenda you have always played my songs anyway at your gatherings, with no regard for my rights, even calling me names on Twitter,” he wrote.

“Because you are in charge of the COVID-19 response here in the USA, I will not sue (as certainly is my right) potentially distracting from your important work at hand protecting and saving American lives,” he continues. “With the enormous power you wield on our behalf, I wish you all the best in your critical battle to save American souls from this threat.”

Despite their vast political differences, Trump is a long-time fan of Neil Young. “He’s got something very special,” Trump told Rolling Stone in 2008. “His voice is perfect and haunting. He’s 63 and I don’t think it’s changed. It’s more important than his playing, ’cause you have so many great players — but there’s just one voice like that. Whatever the hell ‘it’ is, he’s got it.”

Trump was spotted at several New York City Neil Young concerts in the 2000s and he quoted him (“As you go through life, you’ve got to see the valleys as well as the peaks”) in a 2014 tweet. They met up at Trump’s office the year when Young was looking for investors for his digital audio company, Pono. The next year, however, Trump announced his campaign for the presidency and their relationship soured.

“Here is a photo of Neil Young in my office and his $$ request,” Trump tweeted in 2015 after Young first criticized his use of “Rockin’ in the Free World” at his rallies. “Total hypocrite.”

Young supported Bernie Sanders in the 2020 Democratic primary, but he’s now fully behind Joe Biden. Earlier this month, he released a new version of his 2006 song “Lookin’ for a Leader” that encourages listeners to reject Trump and support the former Vice President.

I feel like we get this shit every election campaign. GOP candidate chooses a song to play at their rallies. Said artist complains about it.

I'm pretty sure the campaign pays royalties to the label so the artist has no control over it other than pissing and moaning.

That said, take it to the Tug.
    A rolling stone article about endorsing Biden needs to go to the Tug?

Think how many downloads Neil has got the past few years.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't care i you are a vegan wearing a pink tutu if the music is good

Pretty much agree. I dont really like vegans though so I'm not sure I can embrace the full statement.