Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Really deserving of its own thread
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020
    I’m glad you thought so. Really deserving, insightful and friendly post, as usual.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

What’s the problem with the post?

All I’ve read from you here is when you embarrassingly botched when Kayvon Thibodeaux is draft-eligible or ankle-biting at @DJDuck. Any Duck content is welcomed by me. Thanks DJ.
    edited July 2020
    Denada NW Fresh-Thanks 😁
    Keanu Williams set to make his commitment on Saturday July 11th at 5 pm. 😀🤞

ntxduck said:

All I’ve read from you here is when you embarrassingly botched when Kayvon Thibodeaux is draft-eligible or ankle-biting at @DJDuck. Any Duck content is welcomed by me. Thanks DJ.
    I didn’t botch anything. We all have twitter. I don’t see the point in recycling every duck-related tweet in existence into its own thread
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I didn’t botch anything. We all have twitter. I don’t see the point in recycling every duck-related tweet in existence into its own thread
    I don't have twitter and I don't follow any other Duck website. Pretty much all of the information I get on Duck recruiting I get here. You guys have some kind of weird hard on for DJ. He isn't hurting anyone and frankly I appreciate his posts.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Surprisingly well spoken
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This gulag still exists?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    This is better than the throne at least
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

So were you saying he may sit out the next two seasons until he’s draft-eligible in 2022?

Seems like a dumb take if that’s what you meant.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1334636/#Comment_1334636
    I don’t think there will be a season this year. If that happens, a lot of top kids draft eligible in 2022 will sign with agents to get paid now and just train at high end facilities instead of putting wear and tear on their bodies.You already saw a few basketball guys do it pre Covid
    ntxduck said:

I don’t think there will be a season this year. If that happens, a lot of top kids draft eligible in 2022 will sign with agents to get paid now and just train at high end facilities instead of putting wear and tear on their bodies.You already saw a few basketball guys do it pre Covid

This plan works better for basketball than football

ntxduck said:

Two years without playing in a game and training with personal coaches isn’t going elevate anyone’s NFL draft stock. Football is a contact sport and bodies get conditioned to take contact. How do you improve as a DE without actual practice and games? How does a CB get better without playing in coverage schemes? Shooty ball is much easier because positions are largely interchangeable and the game itself isn’t nearly as complex scheme l-wise and position-wise as football. As an example, a DT has nothing in common with a WR. May as well be a different sport within the same sport in terms of skills and what’s asked of a player.

ntxduck said:

Two years without playing in a game and training with personal coaches isn’t going elevate anyone’s NFL draft stock. Football is a contact sport and bodies get conditioned to take contact. How do you improve as a DE without actual practice and games? How does a CB get better without playing in coverage schemes? Shooty ball is much easier because positions are largely interchangeable and the game itself isn’t nearly as complex scheme l-wise and position-wise as football. As an example, a DT has nothing in common with a WR. May as well be a different sport within the same sport in terms of skills and what’s asked of a player.
    KT is already a top 10 pick. 2 years of elite physical training to work on his size (his only current knock) and his stock isn’t dropping at all.
    edited July 2020
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

KT is already a top 10 pick. 2 years of elite physical training to work on his size (his only current knock) and his stock isn’t dropping at all.
    You can't duplicate the elite physical training of a football season. His draft stock would drop, which is why nobody has done that yet.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You can't duplicate the elite physical training of a football season. His draft stock would drop, which is why nobody has done that yet.
    I see both sides of this quook Civil War (fuck off!!!), butt I lean more to this side.

I think he'd be a first rounder in that event butt probably not a top 10 pick.

Honestly it would probably come down to his combine.
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I see both sides of this quook Civil War (fuck off!!!), butt I lean more to this side.

I think he'd be a first rounder in that event butt probably not a top 10 pick.

Honestly it would probably come down to his combine.
    And putting all of your eggs into the combine is a big risk, and lets say he falls from say a top 10 pick to a late first rounder. That could cost him around $10m in guaranteed money.

He's much better off playing the season, and getting an insurance policy, which is often paid for by the school.