Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaylin Smith, 3* 2021 ATH, Mission Hills (Bishop Alemany), CA (OFFERED 1/21/20)

Has offers from Oregon, USC, and ASU and is talking to ND. We're probably recruiting him as a DB based on the Murphy pics.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Good fortune of the Dawgs!!
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    An dream offer? The fuck?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mission Hills (Calif.) Alemany junior defensive back Jaylin Smith picked up a couple of new Pac-12 offers earlier today.

Smith is one of our favorite safeties out West and one of those players who just does everything well. He can cover, is comfortable in space, plays the run and has a physical edge in his game.

He plays with toughness and shows the ability to be a cover safety, capable of lining up across from a receiver or playing as a traditional safety roaming in the secondary. He’s a highly intelligent player with natural instincts and always seems to be around the ball.

USC was offer No. 1 for Smith back in October and soon Oregon, Kansas and Washington State followed up with offers as well. Earlier today, Washington and Arizona State jumped in to the race with offers and Smith plans to visit both schools this off-season.

“Washington was big because growing up, that was kind of a dream school for me,” Smith said. “I grew up playing in the Snoop League and Washington had a handful of SYFL (Snoop Youth Football League) alums like John Ross and Darren Gardenhire.

“That made me root for them and I love their tradition at defensive back and how they get guys to the NFL. Will Harris is the coach who offered me. He stopped by our school this morning to watch us work out and then offered me. I could;t be more excited about the opportunity and I’ll be out there in the spring for sure.”

The offer from ASU was a big one for Smith as well.

“I’ve been talking with CHawk (Chris Hawkins, new DB coach) for a while now,” Smith said. “He was recruiting me when he was at USC and that was my first offer. ASU is a big offer for me because I love their coaching staff and you can tell how close everyone is. They have a lot of love for each other and that’s easy to see.

“Coach AP (Antonio Pierce) and coach Gill all came out to visit me but it was Hawk who offered and I’m very grateful for the opportunity. I’ve never been to ASU before but I’m definitely going to get out there for a visit this spring as well.”

Along with ASU and Washington, Smith is planning a few more spring/summer visits as well.

"I'm going to visit Oregon for their Spring Game," Smith said. "Donte Williams is recruiting me and we have a good relationship. They're recruiting me harder then anyone right now along with Washington. I would say those two schools are on me the hardest.

"I also plan to visit Notre Dame February 1st. It's their Junior Day so I'm excited to get out there. Notre Dame is a great school with great tradition so I'm looking forward to it. UCLA is another school I'm hearing from. They visited me at my school today too. I went to their game against Colorado last season and they have been recruiting me ever since."
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2020
    I’ve always liked Washington a lot,” Smith said. “When I was young playing in the Snoop League, we had some guys that played there, John Ross, Darren Gardenhire and Naijel Hale. So that’s a school I’ve always followed.

“I have a good relationship with the coaching staff and talk with Will Harris and Terrence Brown. They were one of the first schools to reach out to me about visiting and I’m going to try and get out there April 18-19th. I like Notre Dame too and I'm trying to set up a visit with them. They have been reaching out for awhile now and want me to come up for a campus visit so hopefully I can make that happen soon."

Clemson and Texas are other schools he’s talking about highly. USC got a cristobal tho from Biggins. Them hiring donte Williams is playing huge.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,835
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well, he committed to u$c.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Article says he still plans on taking visits. Not that there will be places open to visit but you know you gotta try.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Article says he still plans on taking visits. Not that there will be places open to visit but you know you gotta try.

UW is nowhere near this serious about recruiting.

Not a fucking chance.

DONE.

Fuck you beat me to it. Time for one of the young ones to check out USC player and recruits instagrams to see who has Porsches.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm sure we could put together a pretty awesome virtual visit for him but he'll have to get in line. The fullback from Utah has first dibs so we'll just have to see if we can squeeze in a visit for Jaylin. It'll be tight.
    Do we have the bandwidth to support 2 virtual visitors back to back? Not sure Jimmy planned for that.