Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump Retweets Video Of Apparent Supporter Saying 'White Power'

Comments

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Okay...and?

Context?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Okay...and?

Context?

The President of the United States retweeted a video of a supporter shouting "White Power". In what context does that become acceptable?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam

Okay...and?

Context?

And Joe Biden is a virulent racist. This is a deflection from that

4 years of crying about Trump and the democrats come up with Bull Conner
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    Standard Supporter

Okay...and?

Context?

The President of the United States retweeted a video of a supporter shouting "White Power". In what context does that become acceptable?
    What were Trump's comments about the supporter? Was that the only thing in the video?

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,282
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The anti Trumper was screaming white power and the Trumper parroted him. Nothing to see here unless your IQ matches your freezer where mom keeps your meatloaf supply. Your angry your basement doesn't have a golf cart.

White lives matter!
  • Options
    Trump has the attention span of a gnat and had his volume turned down. Is this the best excuse the right can come up with?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump has the attention span of a gnat and had his volume turned down. Is this the best excuse the right can come up with?

I've liked tweets only to find out the author was a hardcore white supremacist. Happens. I've also liked tweets from the tacit white supremacists who increase property taxes and gentrify black neighborhoods.
  • Options

I've liked tweets only to find out the author was a hardcore white supremacist. Happens. I've also liked tweets from the tacit white supremacists who increase property taxes and gentrify black neighborhoods.
    So the President of the US and the leader of the free world with his 80M+ followers on Twitter shouldn't be held to a higher standard than you and your 10 followers?
  • Options
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Joe Biden didn’t want his kids growing up in the “racial jungle” with the the black kids but this is the huge story.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the President of the US and the leader of the free world with his 80M+ followers on Twitter shouldn't be held to a higher standard than you and your 10 followers?
    I don't think anyone ever said he was infallible. It's twitter bro. Or is it MA'AM?
  • Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    That video is priceless
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,185
    edited June 2020
    Sledog said:

What about the meme of him being given that one award from a black person? That's actually the most common one I see and probably better than him posing with these three.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

What about the meme of him being given that one award from a black person? That's actually the most common one I see and probably better than him posing with these three.
    Maybe you can explain when he became a racist. The left loved him until he ran. Pony up a response comrade.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,185
    Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

Maybe you can explain when he became a racist. The left loved him until he ran. Pony up a response comrade.
    I haven't invested enough time to research if/when he became one or really his platforms on race prior to becoming president (likely because he didn't need to have them) nor am I predicating my vote on that sort of thing. I think he and Biden are probably about the same: two elderly white men, probably used some racial epithets that aren't appropriate in any age, still say things that are arguably inappropriate now.

That said, Trumps acts now are what's important. If he could keep his mouth shut on Confederate monuments, his descriptions on immigrants, etc etc, he wouldn't be painted the way that he is by left leaning talking heads.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

Guy screaming where's your hood at a dude in a fucking golf cart. Guy says, yeah buddy, whatever, White Power. And somehow people want to get more worked up over some guy who basically tells some dipshit screaming vulgar invictives at him to fuck off, rather than the idiots that are screaming at him in the first place.

Makes total sense. Jeezus.

Obviously all Trumps fault.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765

Okay...and?

Context?

All, dumbass. Even if meant sincerely, which it obviously wasn't in that context, hate speech is protected free speech.

Most aren't triggered or crushed by stupid remarks. That you are is pathetic, but unsurprising.

Snowflake.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

I haven't invested enough time to research if/when he became one or really his platforms on race prior to becoming president (likely because he didn't need to have them) nor am I predicating my vote on that sort of thing. I think he and Biden are probably about the same: two elderly white men, probably used some racial epithets that aren't appropriate in any age, still say things that are arguably inappropriate now.

That said, Trumps acts now are what's important. If he could keep his mouth shut on Confederate monuments, his descriptions on immigrants, etc etc, he wouldn't be painted the way that he is by left leaning talking heads.
    Trump's never gonna be one to play it safe. Love him or hate him, he's going with his gut impulses.

Playing it safe and embracing the status quo is Obama-Bidenesque AF. Not. Gonna. Happen.