Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official visits

With recruits being told by coaches that official visits are unlikely this year, expect a lot of recruits who were waiting for the fall for official visits to lock in there spots with schools.

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Will this help our chances with keeping Emeka and JTT home?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think it helps with Alexander, Owens and Tinae and it doesn't hurt with JTT and Emeka but don't think it will be a big factor for either of them.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    Standard Supporter

I think it helps with Alexander, Owens and Tinae and it doesn't hurt with JTT and Emeka but don't think it will be a big factor for either of them.
    But if Alexander is leaning to Cal, Tunae to WSU, and Prentice to Stsnford, doesnt it help those schools more?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    So the Troy Franklin flip, I’m assuming isn’t happening
  • DoogDawgDoogDawg Member Posts: 129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Am I correct that JTT has never even visited Ohio State? Can’t imagine him committing to a school he’s never seen in person. If this continues through the fall, I’d imagine the local guys would stay local.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Troy Franklin, meet Spam Chancellor.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Troy Franklin, meet Spam Chancellor.

#bountygate part deux
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    There's still nothing stopping kids 'walking around campus' as they are calling it on Twitter.

I imagine some SEC teams will encourage kids to do campus tours where they 'accidently' run in to coach.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DoogDawg said:

Am I correct that JTT has never even visited Ohio State? Can’t imagine him committing to a school he’s never seen in person. If this continues through the fall, I’d imagine the local guys would stay local.
    one telephone call from Gee Jr could negate all that.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    But they still can visit unofficially, no? In other words, if TroyTroy wanted to visit for the Michigan game, which is totally gonna happen (yeah right), then he could, yeah?

Thanks for the info, @sonics1993...
  • DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Beno4Life said:

But they still can visit unofficially, no? In other words, if TroyTroy wanted to visit for the Michigan game, which is totally gonna happen (yeah right), then he could, yeah?

Unknown at this time. If they just keep extending the dead period then no, even unofficial visits would be disallowed. I mean he could buy a ticket and come to the game but he wouldn’t be allowed to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc.no tours or anything else. nothing beyond what a normal fan in the stands could do
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Doug said:

Beno4Life said:

Unknown at this time. If they just keep extending the dead period then no, even unofficial visits would be disallowed. I mean he could buy a ticket and come to the game but he wouldn’t be allowed to visit with players, coaches, administrators, etc.no tours or anything else. nothing beyond what a normal fan in the stands could do
    Well time for huard to step up and close him out like he did jalen
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    What are you hearing about the season happening, sonics?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020
    Have to wonder if the fact that Jimmy now seems to be taking the "virtual visit" thing seriously (about 3 months too late), we might see a few kids come back around to UW.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Have to wonder if the fact that Jimmy now seems to be taking the "virtual visit" thing seriously (about 3 months too late), we might see a few kids come back around to UW.

While virtual tours make an impact, it won't be nearly the same impact as a physical visit. The coaching staff screwed the pooch on this one. Virtual tours from the beginning would have put UW even, if not slightly ahead of a lot of these recruits that went elsewhere. While an official visit might bring some of the non-committed and even committed players back in the fold, I find it difficult for a virtual visit to make up much ground if any. If these coaches are behind the times with their social media and distant contacting, I can't imagine them having the ability to differentiate themselves with virtual tours.
    Dude was sitting around and scratching his nuts and is going to pay for it now