Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Masks required statewide starting Friday.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's a virus. A virus we have no vaccine for. A virus that is pretty communicable. It won't disappear if we stay inside. Lots of people have tested positive. Lots of people will get sick. Lots of people will recover. Lots more people will test positive. Some more people will die. If you are an "at risk" individual, stay the fuck home or take great precautions when you go out. Why shut everything down again? When they come up with a vaccine and only 20% of Americans take it, the media will relax and just report the annual 100K Covid deaths alongside the 70K flu deaths and the umpteenth heart disease deaths and so on and so on.

You guys act like our miserable failure in controlling the virus was inevitable.
    Where is the cool graph showing the steady decline in deaths in the US and worldwide? Thats a fun one that you rarely see in the MSM. What I really want to do is stay inside until we get positive tests back down and come out of my basement in September or October just in time for Flu season and get both at once. Remember, this thing won't go away. It's here. At some point you will either get it, or you won't. EWIWBS
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020

It's a virus. A virus we have no vaccine for. A virus that is pretty communicable. It won't disappear if we stay inside. Lots of people have tested positive. Lots of people will get sick. Lots of people will recover. Lots more people will test positive. Some more people will die. If you are an "at risk" individual, stay the fuck home or take great precautions when you go out. Why shut everything down again? When they come up with a vaccine and only 20% of Americans take it, the media will relax and just report the annual 100K Covid deaths alongside the 70K flu deaths and the umpteenth heart disease deaths and so on and so on.

You guys act like our miserable failure in controlling the virus was inevitable.
    Where is the cool graph showing the steady decline in deaths in the US and worldwide? Thats a fun one that you rarely see in the MSM. What I really want to do is stay inside until we get positive tests back down and come out of my basement in September or October just in time for Flu season and get both at once. Remember, this thing won't go away. It's here. At some point you will either get it, or you won't. EWIWBS
    Here it is. Trends are looking good.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,823
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Great 100% of eastern Washington will be here instead of just 81%!
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This conspiracy theory cracks me up ever time. All my dem friends and so can talk about is how much we want Sharia law. It’s about to happen.

After you put your masks on Barack is gonna pop out of the ground with an army and finally take your guns away it’s about to be WILD.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Deaths are a far lagging indicator. This thing was spreading like wildfire as early as January here and not until March where there significant deaths. If we continue on the path we are on now deaths will definitely trend back up. Maybe not to levels of before with better treatments in place and protections for care centers, etc. But we are literally right back to where we were 14 weeks ago.

The reason we all sat at home was to flatten the curve and allow the government to put into place the necessary policies and protections to allow for a safe re-opening. We did absolutely none of that and the lockdown was basically just a complete waste of time when it didn't have to be.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    There is so much data on this website alone to educate yourself out of this emotional tunnel vision.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Deaths are a far lagging indicator. This thing was spreading like wildfire as early as January here and not until March where there significant deaths. If we continue on the path we are on now deaths will definitely trend back up. Maybe not to levels of before with better treatments in place and protections for care centers, etc. But we are literally right back to where we were 14 weeks ago.

The reason we all sat at home was to flatten the curve and allow the government to put into place the necessary policies and protections to allow for a safe re-opening. We did absolutely none of that and the lockdown was basically just a complete waste of time when it didn't have to be.
    Many millions of unemployed say fuckoff.

Millions of teacher & public employees say TYFYS.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam

This conspiracy theory cracks me up ever time. All my dem friends and so can talk about is how much we want Sharia law. It’s about to happen.

After you put your masks on Barack is gonna pop out of the ground with an army and finally take your guns away it’s about to be WILD.
    Whoosh?
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Still not a bad idea to get yourself tested. The peace of mind mine brought me was easily worth the effort and inconvenience:

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You are fucking WRONG.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Took my realtor to dinner last night and didn’t wear a mask. Despite all the signs to the contrary, I was seated right away and no one mentioned it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,086
    Founders Club
    I was at Safeway thirty minutes ago and saw four employees not wearing masks. I wore one as I entered the building but as I saw the first employee not wearing one I removed mine.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I'm sure Zac will be first to shame you now for not listening to the government.

Or is it Zak?

It’s “he’s a fraud after he supported the Democrat party.
    alumni94 said:

“A spokesman for Inslee said that violation of the statewide mask order is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 90 days in jail and up to a $1,000 fine. Violation of the Yakima County proclamation is a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to 364 days in jail and up to a $5,000 fine.“

Who’s going to enforce it?

The Brown Shirts...
    The Whites in Polo shirts and tennis skirts.

Sorry. I thought about it and had to drop the flag - YKW.
    A good female friend of mine was Maria Sharapova’s Nike handler for 6 years of her prime. Maria is cool.
    YKW

Maria Sharapova was just on the last episode of Billions. Hope Bobby taps that.

Or better yet, hope Wags does.

Dude she is going to be huge when she get to start having kids
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    SECDAWG said:

LebamDawg said:

JFC - time to close this thread - open a new one tomorrow when the masses are arrested/ticketed for being maskless.

Dude, nice rack
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I was at Safeway thirty minutes ago and saw four employees not wearing masks. I wore one as I entered the building but as I saw the first employee not wearing one I removed mine.

Murderer
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just explain you have a medical condition and can’t wear one. Problem solved