Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Grinolds, Fetters, Ecklund....

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

So you went from being a Joey to smoking mad weed in b-ham?

Yessir. I was high as shit in Bham for 8 years and I loved every second of it.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If we are gonna bash people who went to other schools but are UW fans I’m out!!!!!

Not my intent. Just thought it amusing that none of the the leaders of the highest traffic Husky site, nor the most popular UW radio shitshow host ever attended a class there.

I mean Softy went to community college and got married on the 50 YL at Husky Stadium.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

8 yrs, what the fuck. You a dr or just stupid?
    It is possible to live in Bham and not be in school, despite popular belief.
    What years?
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

8 yrs, what the fuck. You a dr or just stupid?
    It is possible to live in Bham and not be in school, despite popular belief.
    What years?
    08-16. At WWU 13-16.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020
    Oh shit. A yung 'un. I dropped out in '01 but love the town and am still here. If you're curious, Don is still slangin' drinks at the Beav and is still ageless. Don is the Race Bannon of Bellingham.

Oh, and there are now 15 breweries in town.
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

Oh shit. A yung 'un. I dropped out in '01 but love the town and am still here. If you're curious, Don is still slangin' drinks at the Beav and is still ageless. Don is the Race Bannon of Bellingham.

Oh, and there are now 15 breweries in town.

Holy shit. Don is a timeless wonder. There were times where he cut me off and made me mad, but I always kept going back for cheap pitchers and free popcorn. Is the Royal still going? My future wife challenged me to a game of pool upstairs there, lost, took me home to her bed, and here we are in Reno 8 years later. Wild. The Grand, the Buff, the Green Frog, the BBG, Archer trivia, Boundary Bay trivia.. Getting nostalgic over here!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    While still in college, in about 2001 or 2002, my wife asked Don to make her something special. So he mixed a bunch of random shit into a glass and called it the "Don Special." We hadn't been to the Beav in nearly a decade, but he instantly recognized her and made her a Don Special. They've moved, now on Holly. It's weird, because it's an exact mirror image of the original Beav. The old Beav still exists, but now it's called The State Street Bar and Grill. In college, and for at least a decade after, the Beav was my group's hangout.

I can't call Bellingham Bar and Grill by its name. It's still Downtown Johnny's to me.

Not sure about the Royal, as I'm an in-my-forties looser. I don't think Thirsty Thursday--or clubbing in general--is as big as it used to be. The microbreweries, skinny jeans, ironic mustaches, etc. have taken over.

The Archer still does trivia night. So does McKay's Taphouse (Pizza Pipeline), and it's booming. Watched the first half of the abortion that was last year's lightning delay Cal game at McKay's. They kicked us out when the bar started taking on water, so we huddled under the awning watching the lightning and probably caught the last cab home that night. The Archer is my favorite spot in town. Named my son after that bar. Boundary Bay? Was overrated. Still overrated.

My dad lives in Carson City, so I find myself down your way once or twice per year.
    Swaye's Wigwam

While still in college, in about 2001 or 2002, my wife asked Don to make her something special. So he mixed a bunch of random shit into a glass and called it the "Don Special." We hadn't been to the Beav in nearly a decade, but he instantly recognized her and made her a Don Special. They've moved, now on Holly. It's weird, because it's an exact mirror image of the original Beav. The old Beav still exists, but now it's called The State Street Bar and Grill. In college, and for at least a decade after, the Beav was my group's hangout.

I can't call Bellingham Bar and Grill by its name. It's still Downtown Johnny's to me.

Not sure about the Royal, as I'm an in-my-forties looser. I don't think Thirsty Thursday--or clubbing in general--is as big as it used to be. The microbreweries, skinny jeans, ironic mustaches, etc. have taken over.

The Archer still does trivia night. So does McKay's Taphouse (Pizza Pipeline), and it's booming. Watched the first half of the abortion that was last year's lightning delay Cal game at McKay's. They kicked us out when the bar started taking on water, so we huddled under the awning watching the lightning and probably caught the last cab home that night. The Archer is my favorite spot in town. Named my son after that bar. Boundary Bay? Was overrated. Still overrated.

My dad lives in Carson City, so I find myself down your way once or twice per year.

Take this to the HDB.
    Fair.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

None of them went to UW. I forget where Kim went but it wasn't UW.

NTTAWWT

According to Ektard's LinkedIn he got a Broadcast Journalism degree from UW
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-eklund-8b497058/

Fatters got a history degree at Whitman
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/cfetters/

Doesn't look like Kim went to any college worth mentioning on his
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-grinolds-0928b96/
    fuck.... ektard is a dawg
    Is he? Did he physically attend the school or take distance learning? The solace I take is that people like those 3 know they failed miserably in their early adult years and are seeking constant affirmation. Grinolds knows he has little man syndrome but suppressed those thoughts. Ecklund is the same way. And Fetters? Well, he’s not blind.
  • Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 437
    If you need it sold, call Kimmy
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Did fetters play soccer in college? Absolute mustard
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

None of them went to UW. I forget where Kim went but it wasn't UW.

NTTAWWT

According to Ektard's LinkedIn he got a Broadcast Journalism degree from UW
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-eklund-8b497058/

Fatters got a history degree at Whitman
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/cfetters/

Doesn't look like Kim went to any college worth mentioning on his
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-grinolds-0928b96/
    fuck.... ektard is a dawg
    Is he? Did he physically attend the school or take distance learning? The solace I take is that people like those 3 know they failed miserably in their early adult years and are seeking constant affirmation. Grinolds knows he has little man syndrome but suppressed those thoughts. Ecklund is the same way. And Fetters? Well, he’s not blind.
    Nice passive aggressive dig at @GrandpaSankey
    If we're gonna start bashing passive aggressive digs at Grandpa Sankey then I'm out!
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2020

F3 went to Whitman. Ecktard apparently played receiver at Central. Kim???

"Played" is generous. More like "watched a few games front row."

He was on the roster as a freshman at CWU. Did not make it the whole year. Left school. Was too Ektarded.