Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Duck/Beav virtue signaling-OSU/UO agree not 2 use the term ‘Civil War’ for its sports rivalry games

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020
    Can't wait for the first ever *Gurgle* Game!
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020
    I’m pulling for ‘Internecine Struggle’ 😁
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

I’m not sure you know what that means on a Husky board but it was a Todd Doxey insult by Doog fans for years on eQuook.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I’m not sure you know what that means on a Husky board but it was a Todd Doxey insult by Doog fans for years on eQuook.
    Huh???

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I came up with gurgle and barely survived the wrath of Marty. About that time I spent less time on Open Season because it was Open Season on me for awhile

20 years ago Beaverfuzz posted that he hoped the Duck plane crashed. That was when you started to see who was Rivals material and who was meant for someplace else
    edited June 2020

I came up with gurgle and barely survived the wrath of Marty. About that time I spent less time on Open Season because it was Open Season on me for awhile

20 years ago Beaverfuzz posted that he hoped the Duck plane crashed. That was when you started to see who was Rivals material and who was meant for someplace else

...and that’s the story of how the Internet flame wars were created, son.
    I was big on the Victory and Ruins not-yet meme. CW25 and Jeremy Stevens provided ample return fire. It’s just football!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Was this during my exile?

Anyway, I use Doxey as the indicative example of what we? do here for the candy asses who dare show up and get sensitive on us?. "We make fun of drowning victims here. This is Fight Club!"

But he's right. We? can't get touchy about Curtis, who aside from his tragic death was a POS for a human being. As Pops like to say, it is what it is.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

I recall very early in our "relationship" you getting pissed at me for making fun of Steve Emtman's roid use. Thankfully, we've been able to makeup since that troubled time.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I recall very early in our "relationship" you getting pissed at me for making fun of Steve Emtman roid use. Thankfully, we've been able to makeup since that troubled time.
    We went at it pretty hard early on the football rivalry. Met you at an eDuck tailgate in 2000

UW gave up duck fighting though
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

SFGbob said:

I recall very early in our "relationship" you getting pissed at me for making fun of Steve Emtman roid use. Thankfully, we've been able to makeup since that troubled time.
    We went at it pretty hard early on the football rivalry. Met you at an eDuck tailgate in 2000

I thought we first met at the Oregon/UW game in Seattle in 1999? I'm hurt you don't remember.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I thought we first met at the Oregon/UW game in Seattle in 1999? I'm hurt you don't remember.
    Believe it or not I was high in 99. Home game. I did not remember that
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Was this before or after you pushed Race’s wheelchaired grandma down the steps of section 35?
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Was this before or after you pushed Race’s wheelchaired grandma down the steps of section 35?
    It was a wheelchaired Race that I pushed down the steps at Autzen but that was only after I pelted him, his grandmother and his 6 year old niece with dog shit and urine that I'd been saving up for an entire year.
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020
    True story, at half time of that 1999 Oregon/UW game I would of had my head shoved into a urinal by two large UW fans but for the fact that my UW fan buddy who is quite large was standing right behind me in the piss line.

I'm not exaggerating, it was about to turn very bad for G-Bob but for the fact I had a large UW pal with me.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have heard ‘The Turf War’. Sounds good. Really. Who the fuck cares what the name of the game is. Its a game.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020
    They won’t market it the “Civil War”, but it will always be called the Civil War by residents. That’s all that matters
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Great, Dennis Dixon from Oakland,CA lives in Oregon for a few years, moves back to Bay Area.

10 years later he gets all uppity and ruins name of rivalry

Maybe old Dennis should focus on the shit hole that is Oakland
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Great, Dennis Dixon from Oakland,CA lives in Oregon for a few years, moves back to Bay Area.

10 years later he gets all uppity and ruins name of rivalry

Maybe old Dennis should focus on the shit hole that is Oakland

How to say the n word without actually saying it potd (and of course djFS liked it)