Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fetters is about to get Odunze'd

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

From what I've heard I'm not sure Ty Jones has a deep drive to be great at football ... he's got the physical skills to be very good at football ... not judging as playing sports at a very high level is a ton of work and definitely not for everybody.

But I'm not expecting much from Ty Jones as a Husky going forward. I think there are other options that are all arguably better.

I agree. This is a somewhat stupid and not at all quantifiable metric, but you can get glimpses of that by just looking at players' social media. Ty seems to have a lot of interests outside of football. Maybe he just chooses not to publicize it, but he's rarely posting the same "I'm on that grind" content that you see from so many other players, and his physique is not one of someone who puts in serious hours at the gym. He has a DK Metcalf frame, but he still looks roughly the same as he did when he arrived on campus three years ago.

That's just what I'm seeing (hearing) as someone who studiously observes the male body. Hips in particular.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

This is the best and deepest WR squad we've had in 20 years. Donovan will probably fuck it up, but still.

Based on what?
    Puka, Spiker, McMillan, Bynum, Jones, Odunze, Chin, and Osborne. Size. Speed. Hands. Playmaking ability

Ross was Boss and Pettis was nice but UW hasn't had a group as deep and talented for a long time.
    Fuck it, we could just run 3/4 vertical concepts all game and we’d have a better offense than last year.
    Wtf do you know about vertical concept?
    What the fuck do you even know about football? Judging by some of your takes you don’t know anything.
    At least I don’t pretend to know shit by using some bs jargon
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

This is the best and deepest WR squad we've had in 20 years. Donovan will probably fuck it up, but still.

Based on what?
    Puka, Spiker, McMillan, Bynum, Jones, Odunze, Chin, and Osborne. Size. Speed. Hands. Playmaking ability

Ross was Boss and Pettis was nice but UW hasn't had a group as deep and talented for a long time.
    Do they even have 1000 yards receiving combined? I want to see them prove it first.
    Yes, rather easily.

(1,247 yards returning production.)
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

From what I've heard I'm not sure Ty Jones has a deep drive to be great at football ... he's got the physical skills to be very good at football ... not judging as playing sports at a very high level is a ton of work and definitely not for everybody.

But I'm not expecting much from Ty Jones as a Husky going forward. I think there are other options that are all arguably better.

I agree. This is a somewhat stupid and not at all quantifiable metric, but you can get glimpses of that by just looking at players' social media. Ty seems to have a lot of interests outside of football. Maybe he just chooses not to publicize it, but he's rarely posting the same "I'm on that grind" content that you see from so many other players, and his physique is not one of someone who puts in serious hours at the gym. He has a DK Metcalf frame, but he still looks roughly the same as he did when he arrived on campus three years ago.

That's just what I'm seeing (hearing) as someone who studiously observes the male body. Hips in particular.
    I would assume having less interests is typically better for maximizing your ability. Workout, film, video games.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

Fuck it, we could just run 3/4 vertical concepts all game and we’d have a better offense than last year.
    What the fuck do you even know about football? Judging by some of your takes you don’t know anything.
    "go long. If you're open, I'll throw it."
    You're welcome.
    I feel like this is the route pattern we ran in elementary at recess.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

4 verts is not really a complicated concept
    The joke went over his head. It’s hard
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

So you’re admitting to not knowing anything?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

You're welcome.
    we?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Imagine Pretending anyone here knows and arguing football.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

You're welcome.
    we?
    Me and my Ben Franklin screaming eagles. K-town.

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can @Mosster47 weight in on this? We? need someone with documented knowledge of the game.

If he's not available maybe @BallzDeep can chime in.
  • TheOldSoftyTheOldSofty Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Fetters behave
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

In my defense I never claimed to know anything
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Yeah, my guess is Ty Jones makes a small handful of catches this year, a couple dynamic ones that make people say "what if..." but he continues to be unaggressive and run lazy routes. He might not even stick around if he's not with the starters in camp.

Hope he dunks all over my pessimism though.
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Based on what?

In my defense I never claimed to know anything
    Fair

Tequilla said:

Yeah, my guess is Ty Jones makes a small handful of catches this year, a couple dynamic ones that make people say "what if..." but he continues to be unaggressive and run lazy routes. He might not even stick around if he's not with the starters in camp.

Hope he dunks all over my pessimism though.
    Man what a difference a year makes. We were talking about how Ty was going to be our best wideout last year and now there’s talk of him not running with the starters. He’s talented but that room is loaded.