Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was the most enjoyable Petersen-coached UW game for you?

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years

The one and only peterman game I attended and the week we rolled out the $100 “make the huskies great again” hats

TMFMS

I still have mine. Worst ROI hat purchase ever.
    They were $50 each, which was overpriced but still. Why not just claim they were $200?
    Correct, $50 for the hat. But if you account for the doctors appointment and the special shampoo and the non-stop skin irritation, it easily pushed $200.

Irregardless, it’s a mute point now.
    ROI? If you can’t see a DJ money grab coming from a mile away I can’t help you.
    Sure, but I figured I’d be able to wear it more than once.
    I could be talked into a refresh for the fall money grab. I still think we’re due for hardcore husky Russell sweatpants.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week
    I didn't think I'd have such a tough time choosing. A few of the games listed, I'm meh (Oregon, Utah in PAC title game) but the Apple Cups were all so awesome because Cougs; the title game against Colorado was chincredible; I watched the Stanford game from a beachside bar in Hawaii and it was such an absolute beatdown.

At the end, my initial choice was the winner. Watching Sark's chin-game meltdown was amazing and it got only better the following week. I'm just sad the meltdown was so complete that he lost his job.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    Losing all the actual big games was pretty fun
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years
    Oregon a close second but the Stanford gayme was such a huge statement.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week

This game just had a lot of juice. The old Sark guys wanted to shove their fists up Sarks ass, Sark was all hung over and fired up and Pete was extra intense. Wasn't this the game that Pete stared down littleton? Watched it on TV at a bar after work. USC, as usual, was loaded with talent and at this point in Pete's tenure the Huskies just weren't very good yet. It could be argued that it was the only time that he beat a clearly more talented team and on the road and Cutty Sark. LOL. Also at this point I was unable to admit that Petes offense was awful, Miley Cyrus and a true freshman QB, so ignorance was truly bliss.

This was also the game our freshman/soph's beat the ever living fuck out of them physically. Kevin King hit on their best wr set the tone for that game.

Look on surfer bro's face walking off the field was great. Gaines had been trying to take him out all game. They had already lost a game before this but were still really hyped up by the media.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020
    2018 P12 Championship Game vs No. 17 Utah - Thrilling defense, Murphy Jr. plays overcome horrifying Browning performance
    The last one. Gone. No warning, just gone.

Edit; fuck me. Meant to hit write in.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only games they seemed to be able to show emotion was against WSU. Every other game they're BOTS. I'll be interested to see if Jimmys teams bring back some old school swagger....I guess you have to win to have that though so....we're fucked.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

If I remember, that gif was set up by Sark calling for about a 35-40 yard FG on 4th and about 4. Their offense was moving and I thought it was the dumbest call ever.

Yep, you remember correctly. The fans couldn't figure out why Sark was calling for a 45 yard FG down by 5 with less than 4 minutes left in the game.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

That play was right in front of my seat. It set the tone for the game.

This is my favorite gif from that game, though. It sums up Sark's time at SC pretty nicely:

If I remember, that gif was set up by Sark calling for about a 35-40 yard FG on 4th and about 4. Their offense was moving and I thought it was the dumbest call ever.
    5 points down with 4 minutes left. 45 yard attempt according to the bottom right corner of the gif.

Steve Sarkisian FS
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    2016 @ Oregon - The streak ends in the most satisfying way possible. 70 points most ever scored in Autzen by an opponent.
    haie said:

2018 P12CG won't get votes but it was funny being in San Jose walking around seeing how pumped their fans and greeks were to be there, outnumbering us ~8:1.

Went to sports bar by the Shark Tank where they were playing every UW Utah game from the previous 7 seasons in front of both fans. Everyone was being classy.

Then before the game some row of middle school kids were yelling insults at the UW sideline, I was so drunk I turned around and started making fun of them thinking they were some Ute's 12 kids. Turns out they were kids who lost their homes to the forest fires in California and were given free tickets through the conference.

I can’t stop laughing
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

This is my favorite gif from that game, though. It sums up Sark's time at SC pretty nicely:

That was the greatest GrundleGifskin thread of all tim
    rather easily

@GrundleStiltzkin
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Other // Write-in // Non-UW fan
    The 2014 opener vs Hawaii when Lindquist hit Ross on a 90 yard bomb over the top. That was my most optimistic moment of Husky football fandom. It was short lived but I still remember how hyped I was getting. My gf at the time even said later in the game "why don't they do the long pass again?" Ended up winning by only one if I remember correctly.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

That was the greatest GrundleGifskin thread of all tim
    rather easily

@GrundleStiltzkin
    Between a bad 2019 season, and a horrific last 4 months, I honestly don't remember the joy of football and I don't really care.