Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies edge rusher Joe Tryon poised for stardom

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Key to the season IMO. Wont matter how good the secondary is if we cant pressure the QB on 3rd downs. Last year it seemed like the defense collapsed on 3rd and long when it most needed to hold.

Another solid post from PGOS

You've come a long way, baby
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

Key to the season IMO. Wont matter how good the secondary is if we cant pressure the QB on 3rd downs. Last year it seemed like the defense collapsed on 3rd and long when it most needed to hold.

Another solid post from PGOS

You've come a long way, baby
    Appreciate that DJ, but quite honestly...

Nothing changed with me
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The defense has been top-5 in the country without much edge rush. I'm a lot more concerned with a defense that's designed to funnel everything to the linebackers but doesn't have linebackers. Fix that problem alone, and the defense will be much better.
  • Options
    Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’s the next Jeremiah Pharma
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020
    I think our outside linebackers are going to have an absolute field day as a result of a killer defensive line massive rotation that has the ability to collapse the pocket this year along with DB's that have learned their lessons... hopefully, we can see increased field presence from Latu as well.. these guys could be our best big-time OLB crew in years...
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    mmmm probably not
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Key to the season IMO. Wont matter how good the secondary is if we cant pressure the QB on 3rd downs. Last year my entire life it seemed like the defense collapsed on 3rd and long when it most needed to hold.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,610
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Key to the season IMO. Wont matter how good the secondary is if we cant pressure the QB on 3rd downs. Last year my entire life it seemed like the defense collapsed on 3rd and long when it most needed to hold.

Seriously has UW been good at getting off the field on 3rd down...ever? No counting 1990 or 1991.

Maybe every fan thinks that about their team.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,060
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think our outside linebackers are going to have an absolute field day as a result of a killer defensive line massive rotation that has the ability to collapse the pocket this year along with DB's that have learned their lessons... hopefully, we can see increased field presence from Latu as well.. these guys could be our best big-time OLB crew in years...

I see no one has formally and properly asked you to LEAVE!

Some of you are slipping.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If our (my) TBS obsession means anything, our blue chip ratio needs to step the fuck up. If no ballz let’s the players play and Donovan coaches a half decent offense then we might actually have something.

We’ll all be watching from home though so there’s that.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Doogles said:

Seriously has UW been good at getting off the field on 3rd down...ever? No counting 1990 or 1991.

Maybe every fan thinks that about their team.
    Yes. For one yr. don’t make me dig up stats but I think the D with budda, Jones, and king got off well. Except against AL. We got ass raped.