Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you trust the coaches?

2»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Janet Reno
    Janet Reno is trending.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,569
    Our blue chip ratio has never been higher. "Crisco" got lucky. Whoregon sucks. We always close well. We don't need Bob Gregory to recruit
    Swaye said:

Quite honestly I prefer the unknown of Jimmy to more Petersen. Recruiting experts freak out every year

I think Lake surprises this year on the field. Nothing else matters.

I pray you are correct. My doctor tells me my liver cannot take Sark 2.0
    Are you allowed to drink?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Janet Reno
    Jimmy Lake doesn't know what he's doing
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,798
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno
    FireCohen said:

Yes, i trust them to fuck us (the fans) real good.

Tis only fair. Lakes been getting fucked by cristoballz since his hiring so now he wants to use the new moves he learned on us. Kama sutra ain’t got shit on the positions he’s going to unleash on our asses.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,885
    Founders Club
    This a GOOD third, or fourth, place in the north team

Take it to the TBS bored. Do I trust Lake to win the Rose Bowl this year? No, I don’t.

We should make a separate poll asking if we trust Lake to win a Rose Bowl this year
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno

Quite honestly I prefer the unknown of Jimmy to more Petersen. Recruiting experts freak out every year

I think Lake surprises this year on the field. Nothing else matters.

Kiss of death right here folks.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno
    We finally have enough talent to compete with USC for the pac12's holiday bowl berth.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This a GOOD third, or fourth, place in the north team
    based on what I know, which is mostly just star rankings, this reeks of reverting back to the 5-7 win days of Sark and early Petersen and playing in weak bowls

It's a little early to push the panic button, but some four stars need to show up soon or we'll be no better than the arizona skools, cal and the like. It was already trending that way.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,569
    Our blue chip ratio has never been higher. "Crisco" got lucky. Whoregon sucks. We always close well. We don't need Bob Gregory to recruit

based on what I know, which is mostly just star rankings, this reeks of reverting back to the 5-7 win days of Sark and early Petersen and playing in weak bowls

It's a little early to push the panic button, but some four stars need to show up soon or we'll be no better than the arizona skools, cal and the like. It was already trending that way.

Your jealousy of Herm is sad
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020
    It’s the same shit minus Pete w/ a different system on offense. We’ll be fine on the field we still have Coach K.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Janet Reno
    Here's the biggest worry ...

2020 football season is at minimum delayed from a fall timeframe ... possible that it's pushed back to winter/spring 2021. If delayed, odds of getting kids on campus essentially drops and the continued torpedoing of 2021 recruiting is cemented given that there's no on-field pushback before either the December/February signing periods.

If season gets pushed you'll start having a lot of draft eligible players review and reconsider whether it makes sense to play the season. Taking away players like Levi, Molden, Tryon, etc. becomes material and whatever season is played turns into another middling result. That middling result is further evidence that opposing recruiters use against UW.

Financial constraints to the Athletic Department make it virtually impossible for Lake to rebuild his staff after realizing the error in his ways. Jen basically tells him to suck it up because this was the staff he wanted and funding isn't available. Rinse lather and repeat for 2022 recruiting.

It's not hard to envision a scenario where you get to Spring of 2022 where Jimmy Lake is all of a sudden facing an uphill battle to keep his job going forward. COVID certainly hasn't helped him. But his hiring decisions may torpedo him before he ever has a chance to get started.

If there's a lesson to take away from all of this it is how important it is to surround yourself with great people. The reason great leaders are often great is because they are great at identifying talent to surround themselves with.