Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remembering an original Husky Half Brain, DeLarry (1978-2020)

124»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Is it okay to ask about the circumstances of his passing? Where was he, and who fucking hit him?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Is it okay to ask about the circumstances of his passing? Where was he, and who fucking hit him?

A pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Tuesday near a park in Ventura, authorities said.

The crash was reported at 5:47 p.m. by the driver of the vehicle, according to the Ventura Police Department.

The driver said the vehicle struck the pedestrian on Thille Street just north of Thille Neighborhood Park, police said. The park is near Thille Street and Saratoga Avenue. After calling 911 the driver started giving the pedestrian medical aid, authorities said.

Officers, paramedics and firefighters responded to the scene and continued to provide the victim with medical treatment. The victim was taken to a hospital but died while being treated, police said.

On Wednesday, the Ventura County Medical Examiner's Office identified the victim as Larry Kirby, 42, of Ventura. His cause of death was ruled as a blunt force head injury.
    Drugs and alcohol have been ruled out as a factor in the crash, authorities said.

It's unclear what direction the vehicle or pedestrian were traveling or where on the street the victim was hit, police said.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/ventura/2020/04/28/pedestrian-hit-killed-vehicle-near-park-ventura/3046080001/
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The Ventura County Medical Examiner's Office Wednesday released the name of the man who was struck and killed by a vehicle in Ventura late Tuesday afternoon.

They say that 42-year-old Larry Kirby died from blunt force injuries and his death was ruled an accident.

Kirby was struck by a vehicle on Thille Street near the Thille Neighborhood Park shortly before 6 PM.

The driver of the vehicle stopped, called 911, and rendered aid to Kirby until first responders arrived.

Kirby was rushed to the hospital where he he died.

Ventura police say that alcohol and drugs weree NOT involved in the incident.

https://kvta.com/news/pedestrian-killed-in-ventura-is-identified/
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That’s brutal ... pure wrong place at the wrong time
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Another Larry story I remember, I think from talking in person.

Larry was from Miami, grew up a fan of the U. And if I remember correctly it was watching the whammy that made him admire UW and follow from afar, then moving up to Seattle to work at Boeing he became a doog.

I don’t think that’s correct. He went to UW. Then worked for Boeing after. He may have grown up in Miami, but came to uw from Georgia.
  • Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 437
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Godspeed DongJames
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    Moved to Classics.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So much wtf. I don't know how I missed this thread.

42... too young.

I do work near that park all the time. I literally had a project in the area today.

Really wish I had been able to meet him.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Great tribute thread.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

We talked about writing a song together but were never serious about it and never did it.