Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maurice Heims, 2021 3* DE, Santa Margarita (Santa Margarita Catholic), CA (Committed)

Comments

• UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jimmy just needed moar tim to get his own immigration attorneys in there.

Jimmy learned from Pete when we lost marlon due to immigration/citizenship issues.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Jimmy just needed moar tim to get his own immigration attorneys in there.

Jimmy learned from Pete when we lost marlon due to immigration/citizenship issues.
    @MarlonsBrother!!! True???
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Needs development but he’s got a big frame. I like him a lot more than the two little dudes we have committed at DL.

EDIT: so he has playing JV? Lol fuck.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Huffman has taken a love to shit talking UW recruits so grain of salt. Nevertheless, this assessment. doesnt fill me with joy

Very raw but shows some flashes.

The one thing to note, Heims played JV football last year. He hasn't played a snap of varsity football yet for Santa Margarita, so all of his film is against JV teams and I wouldn't say he was quite dominant either.

Because he's originally from Germany and had moved to the US, by the time he got settled at Santa Margarita, he was not allowed to play varsity last fall.

A lot of upside there, was up and down at the Under Armour Camp. Would get by an OL, then lose the rep because he'd go back to his blocker to engage, almost like he thought he had to be blocked. Didn't test particularly well, but impressive looking on the hoof.

This next year will tell a lot about his ability long term, since it will be his first against varsity competition"
    edited June 2020

Huffman has taken a love to shit talking UW recruits so grain of salt. Nevertheless, this assessment. doesnt fill me with joy

The one thing to note, Heims played JV football last year. He hasn't played a snap of varsity football yet for Santa Margarita, so all of his film is against JV teams and I wouldn't say he was quite dominant either.

Because he's originally from Germany and had moved to the US, by the time he got settled at Santa Margarita, he was not allowed to play varsity last fall.

A lot of upside there, was up and down at the Under Armour Camp. Would get by an OL, then lose the rep because he'd go back to his blocker to engage, almost like he thought he had to be blocked. Didn't test particularly well, but impressive looking on the hoof.

This next year will tell a lot about his ability long term, since it will be his first against varsity competition"

Im not the type to "trust the coaches" but in this case.... trust huffman or coach K???
    He’s gonna play DL not OLB
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like his size and size/speed ratio. He looks like a new player out there but showed great awareness and discipline in some of the clips.

I'm envious when I see 6'6"+ ends playing for other teams. I'd love to see a couple of tall guys like this on the roster.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020

Im not the type to "trust the coaches" but in this case.... trust huffman or coach K???
    Disagree he’ll do both.

Disagree he’ll do both.
    He doesn’t have the movement skills of Tryon. He should be a DL. He’s not as athletic as Latu either.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Looks like Jimmy is continuing to ‘DOMINATE’ the Pac-12 in recruiting, just like he said he would. The rest of the conference coaches are on notice.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If you ever wonder why you bat ~.500 on predictions there's the answer. Maybe hitting one right on makes you blurt out another just to try and recapture that high? Like a TBS junkie lol
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Lake, the army brat, grew up in Germany, didn’t he? He probably sprechenseed some deutche to the guy and reeled him in blitzkrieg style.

We need to corner the German recruiting market!
    edited June 2020

If you ever wonder why you bat ~.500 on predictions there's the answer. Maybe hitting one right on makes you blurt out another just to try and recapture that high? Like a TBS junkie lol

Heims is twitchy and has an edge body but he’s going to play at like 270. Our fronts are so versatile and he’s got the juice/frame to do both. His arms are super long too. I like him a lot.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @backthepack I'm intrigued as well, but I don't see any OLB for that guy. Especially when he's still figuring out the game. The less reads he has to make the faster he can get out there and help.
    edited June 2020

@backthepack I'm intrigued as well, but I don't see any OLB for that guy. Especially when he's still figuring out the game. The less reads he has to make the faster he can get out there and help.

Coach K is recruiting him as a Buck
    Fucking duh. He’s big, twitchy, and athletic.

He doesn’t need to play early. Our OLB/DL room is loaded for quite awhile.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

Coach K is recruiting him as a Buck
    What are your thoughts on him @sonics1993 ? I really dont like the "major upside but right now hes struggling at jv football" angle. Reminds me of what they said about Devin Burleson