Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Love this offer and hopefully we can overtake ND for him.

Agree. This would be a great get. I'm confused as to why we are just now offering him
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why did we offer so late?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

Wish I had a answer for you
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

How far ahead is ND?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

How far ahead is ND?
    A lot
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

How far ahead is ND?
    A lot
    Sonics would you say that Jimmy Lake is aware of his staffs deficiencies on the recruiting trail?
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Are you asking if Jimmy is aware he still the head coach?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Washington has been recruiting James Campbell (Ewa Beach, Hi.) DB Titus Mokiao-Atimalala for quite a while, but it wasn't until recently that they extended him an offer. Now that they have made him one of their top targets in the secondary, the Huskies have moved up his list of suitors.

"I've been talking with coach (Ikaika) Malloe since January and then coach (Will) Harris and I started talking about a month, maybe two months ago," Mokiao-Atimalala told Dawgman.com recently. "We've really started to form a great relationship and last week, they offered me.

"They said they like my versatility and how I play the game. They feel like I could play anywhere in the secondary, but they see me more as a safety and they think I could fit in really good in their system."

The offer from the Huskies might seem a bit late, since they are the 19th school to throw their hat in the ring, but he said that isn't something he worries about.

"They told me about their process and they didn't blow smoke," Mokiao-Atimalala said matter-of-factly. "They talked to my coaches, they talked to my teachers, they watched my film, they made sure I was a good fit in their system and that's why it took so long to get an offer, but now that I have one, they said they think I will be a great fit in their program.

"I've got some family up there, but I've never been to the school before, so that's something I want to do because I've heard nothing but great things about the program up there and what the school has to offer."

As a junior this past season, Mokiao-Atimalala finished with over 50 tackles, two forced fumbles and seven interceptions, three of which he took back for touchdowns. For his efforts, Mokiao-Atimalala was given the state's highest honor, the Marcus Mariota State Player of the Year Award, joining such luminaries as former Mililani tailback Vavae Malepeai (USC), St. Louis quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) and St. Louis defensive lineman Faatui Tuitele (Washington).

"It was a huge honor for me, but it wasn't just about me, it was about my teammates and my coaches too," Mokiao-Atimalala. "I couldn't have done anything without them and also my family. It was special to get that award though and it just makes me work harder and want to be the best player I can be."

Now with nearly 20 offers to his name, Mokiao-Atimalala said he's thinking about what he wants to do and when he wants to make a decision.

"Before all of the lockdowns, me and my family were planning to go and check out a couple of schools on my spring break," Mokiao-Atimalala noted. "USC and UCLA were the ones I know we were going to visit and I'd still like to get out and see those schools, but I also want to see Washington and a few other ones too, so I think I'll probably wait until after my season to make my decision since I will need to wait and take my visits (during/after his season)."

While a decision appears to be a ways off for the 6'1", 185-pounder, Mokiao-Atimalala said he's been thinking about what he's looking for from the school he winds up signing with in December.

"I definitely am looking at a school that is good in business and a place I can feel comfortable at," Mokiao-Atimalala. "Having a good Poly community is definitely a positive, but it isn't something that I have to have. It would be great to be around a good Poly culture though because it would feel more like home, but I'm looking at a lot of other things too -- the fit, how they develop players, my relationship with the coaches -- so there's a lot that goes into it."

Mokiao-Atimalala is currently rated four stars and he carries a 0.9000 in the industry-generated 247Composite.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Washington has been recruiting James Campbell (Ewa Beach, Hi.) DB Titus Mokiao-Atimalala for quite a while, but it wasn't until recently that they extended him an offer. Now that they have made him one of their top targets in the secondary, the Huskies have moved up his list of suitors.

"I've been talking with coach (Ikaika) Malloe since January and then coach (Will) Harris and I started talking about a month, maybe two months ago," Mokiao-Atimalala told Dawgman.com recently. "We've really started to form a great relationship and last week, they offered me.

"They said they like my versatility and how I play the game. They feel like I could play anywhere in the secondary, but they see me more as a safety and they think I could fit in really good in their system."

The offer from the Huskies might seem a bit late, since they are the 19th school to throw their hat in the ring, but he said that isn't something he worries about.

"They told me about their process and they didn't blow smoke," Mokiao-Atimalala said matter-of-factly. "They talked to my coaches, they talked to my teachers, they watched my film, they made sure I was a good fit in their system and that's why it took so long to get an offer, but now that I have one, they said they think I will be a great fit in their program.

"I've got some family up there, but I've never been to the school before, so that's something I want to do because I've heard nothing but great things about the program up there and what the school has to offer."

As a junior this past season, Mokiao-Atimalala finished with over 50 tackles, two forced fumbles and seven interceptions, three of which he took back for touchdowns. For his efforts, Mokiao-Atimalala was given the state's highest honor, the Marcus Mariota State Player of the Year Award, joining such luminaries as former Mililani tailback Vavae Malepeai (USC), St. Louis quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) and St. Louis defensive lineman Faatui Tuitele (Washington).

"It was a huge honor for me, but it wasn't just about me, it was about my teammates and my coaches too," Mokiao-Atimalala. "I couldn't have done anything without them and also my family. It was special to get that award though and it just makes me work harder and want to be the best player I can be."

Now with nearly 20 offers to his name, Mokiao-Atimalala said he's thinking about what he wants to do and when he wants to make a decision.

"Before all of the lockdowns, me and my family were planning to go and check out a couple of schools on my spring break," Mokiao-Atimalala noted. "USC and UCLA were the ones I know we were going to visit and I'd still like to get out and see those schools, but I also want to see Washington and a few other ones too, so I think I'll probably wait until after my season to make my decision since I will need to wait and take my visits (during/after his season)."

While a decision appears to be a ways off for the 6'1", 185-pounder, Mokiao-Atimalala said he's been thinking about what he's looking for from the school he winds up signing with in December.

"I definitely am looking at a school that is good in business and a place I can feel comfortable at," Mokiao-Atimalala. "Having a good Poly community is definitely a positive, but it isn't something that I have to have. It would be great to be around a good Poly culture though because it would feel more like home, but I'm looking at a lot of other things too -- the fit, how they develop players, my relationship with the coaches -- so there's a lot that goes into it."

Mokiao-Atimalala is currently rated four stars and he carries a 0.9000 in the industry-generated 247Composite.

Doesn't sound like a Notre Dame lean based on that report anyway.