Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who from HH have you met in real life? Who would you want to meet?

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gladstone said:

The most surprising thing to me was how normal most people seemed, especially in comparison to uhh other Husky meetups I regrettably went to like a decade ago lol

I've met (off the top of my head and I'm forgetting a bunch I'm sure so apologies in advance):

- @Tequilla - Went 4-5 on 3s in our IMA pickup game against Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford's team, but insistence on playing zone ultimately doomed us
    - @jecornel - Nicest dude, lots of superficial things in common with Jimmy actually
    - @koopdog - Super interesting background, funny dude. Matched drinks with me at some random bar in Edmonds I think? Taki Taki?
    - @CFetters_Nacho_Lover - Said THANKS TAFT every time the waitress brought him something, said completely straight which made it hilarious
    - @Mad_Son - Didn't look like Gerard Butler but just as handsome. Chill and pretty funny
    - @MisterEm - Smokeshow of a wife, good times in Atlanta. Same style of horribly perverted humor that I have
    - @DerekJohnson - Met Derek several times, like a UW forum Santa Clause with his warm chuckle. Also is a great storyteller (better than even his writing imo)
    - @Doogles - Met for like 30 seconds at the tailgate so I can't really comment much but did make funny Sark alcoholism joke
    - @UW_Doog_Bot - Great, affable and successful dude who is a magician on the grill. Hooked up a UW hoodie
    - @BuffBuffPass - Awesome dude, helped drag my blacked out ass out of some Boulder bar as my then gf looked on, traumatized. Then got me into the pregame lounge when they wanted to reject me at the door. Homie
    - @ExtraChrisB - Exactly how I imagined him being, which is high praise
    - @backthepack - A bit sloppy but often funny and very genuine
    - @Doog_de_Jour - Even more chill & funny than she already is on the boards
    - @YellowSnow - Fellow Teutonic Aryan, super nice and interesting dude. Wife was funny (and tall) as well
    - @Rapeculturedawg - Walks up to the Stanford tailgate and proudly announces himself as RapeCultureDawg in full range of his (and everyone else's) +1. Epic. Also, not at all what you'd expect
    - @CokeGreaterThanPepsi - A flaming homosexual in every sense but a literal one
    - @WilburHooksHands - GF-now-wife, who had no affiliation with UW whatsoever outside of dating Wilbur, hated Browning more than most of us after the Stanford 2017. Vowing never to watch a snap again until he was gone. Definitely a keeper
    - @Dennis_DeYoung - Maybe funniest dude I've ever met
    - @doogville - Drinks at Joey Sark style, watching Sam Darnold shred ASU and agreeing with me when I said UW would crush his hype in 2016. Oops
    - @Baseman - Wore 'Jack Browning has four years of high school under his belt' shirt to the RB Tailgate. Legendary. Similar to DDY in brutally hilarious humor
    - @MrsPetersen - Passionate, knowledgeable, sharp. Underrated podcaster
    - @LaMichael_Corleone - Borderline genius football analysis and a genuine, sensitive dude. Because of the latter he gets a bad rap here and I wish he returned
    - The random Aussie dude who flew in for the tailgate + Rose Bowl and introduced himself to everyone as the one TSIO fan in Australia, forget your name but good times

I feel like I'm forgetting some significant names but I don't care enough to spend more than 5 minutes on this post.

People I've wanted to meet to various degrees:

- @dnc - Duh
    - @Meek - Was looking forward to some Bay Area Teen Boi Stalking but he took his ball and went home. RIP I guess
    - @RaceBannon - The godfather bailed on our Stanford tailgate. Probably for the best
    - @Swaye - New Orleans with this dude if we're ever in a bowl game down there is the dream
    - @haie - In many ways is asshole version of me
    - @RoadDawg55 - Most similar to my IRL UW fan friends, I think
    - @CuntWaffle - Nerd bro
    - @PurpleBaze - Want to buy Baze drinks ($75k) at some point
    - @GrundleStiltzkin - HH GOAT and Wesco bro, shame.gif I haven't met you yet
    - @89ute - Please show me a good time when I go to the next @ Utes game
    - @Edwin_Bambino - SF tech bros
    - @NEsnake12 - Most underrated poster on HH
    - @dirtysouwfdawg - Must confirm if self-flagellation hilarity is an act or true to life
    - @BearsWiin - Helped me a lot for random Bay Area things, wicked smart and I've owed you a drink for what feels like five years
    - @DoogCourics - Not sure why except consistently good poster and anyone with a SP avatar I feel like is worth meeting once
    - @PostGameOrangeSlices - If only to pat him on the back for having the greatest username on any forum ever

Long list. Hurtful.

Me? Long time cumming.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

The most surprising thing to me was how normal most people seemed, especially in comparison to uhh other Husky meetups I regrettably went to like a decade ago lol

I've met (off the top of my head and I'm forgetting a bunch I'm sure so apologies in advance):

- @Tequilla - Went 4-5 on 3s in our IMA pickup game against Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford's team, but insistence on playing zone ultimately doomed us
    - @jecornel - Nicest dude, lots of superficial things in common with Jimmy actually
    - @koopdog - Super interesting background, funny dude. Matched drinks with me at some random bar in Edmonds I think? Taki Taki?
    - @CFetters_Nacho_Lover - Said THANKS TAFT every time the waitress brought him something, said completely straight which made it hilarious
    - @Mad_Son - Didn't look like Gerard Butler but just as handsome. Chill and pretty funny
    - @MisterEm - Smokeshow of a wife, good times in Atlanta. Same style of horribly perverted humor that I have
    - @DerekJohnson - Met Derek several times, like a UW forum Santa Clause with his warm chuckle. Also is a great storyteller (better than even his writing imo)
    - @Doogles - Met for like 30 seconds at the tailgate so I can't really comment much but did make funny Sark alcoholism joke
    - @UW_Doog_Bot - Great, affable and successful dude who is a magician on the grill. Hooked up a UW hoodie
    - @BuffBuffPass - Awesome dude, helped drag my blacked out ass out of some Boulder bar as my then gf looked on, traumatized. Then got me into the pregame lounge when they wanted to reject me at the door. Homie
    - @YellowSnow - Fellow Teutonic Aryan, super nice and interesting dude. Wife was funny (and tall) as well
    - @Rapeculturedawg - Walks up to the Stanford tailgate and proudly announces himself as RapeCultureDawg in full range of his (and everyone else's) +1. Epic. Also, not at all what you'd expect
    - @WilburHooksHands - GF-now-wife, who had no affiliation with UW whatsoever outside of dating Wilbur, hated Browning more than most of us after the Stanford 2017. Vowing never to watch a snap again until he was gone. Definitely a keeper
    - @doogville - Drinks at Joey Sark style, watching Sam Darnold shred ASU and agreeing with me when I said UW would crush his hype in 2016. Oops
    - @Baseman - Wore 'Jack Browning has four years of high school under his belt' shirt to the RB Tailgate. Legendary. Similar to DDY in brutally hilarious humor
    - @LaMichael_Corleone - Borderline genius football analysis and a genuine, sensitive dude. Because of the latter he gets a bad rap here and I wish he returned
    - The random Aussie dude who flew in for the tailgate + Rose Bowl and introduced himself to everyone as the one TSIO fan in Australia, forget your name but good times

I feel like I'm forgetting some significant names but I don't care enough to spend more than 5 minutes on this post.

- @dnc - Duh
    - @Meek - Was looking forward to some Bay Area Teen Boi Stalking but he took his ball and went home. RIP I guess
    - @RaceBannon - The godfather bailed on our Stanford tailgate. Probably for the best
    - @Swaye - New Orleans with this dude if we're ever in a bowl game down there is the dream
    - @CuntWaffle - Nerd bro
    - @dirtysouwfdawg - Must confirm if self-flagellation hilarity is an act or true to life
    - @BearsWiin - Helped me a lot for random Bay Area things, wicked smart and I've owed you a drink for what feels like five years
    - @DoogCourics - Not sure why except consistently good poster and anyone with a SP avatar I feel like is worth meeting once
    - @PostGameOrangeSlices - If only to pat him on the back for having the greatest username on any forum ever

I’m not sure what self flagellation is so I’m googling that shit right now.

IIRC we did talk about a website for a little bit on the phone.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

- @dnc - Duh
    - @CuntWaffle - Nerd bro

I’m not sure what self flagellation is so I’m googling that shit right now.

IIRC we did talk about a website for a little bit on the phone.
    Ok, so to the self flagellation thing. Yes and no. I don’t verbalize that shit in the reals but I think it.

You fucks have become a form of therapy for me. Sometimes I share and sometimes I don’t.

After my bipolar-2 diagnosis last yr I’ve been trying a few different crazy pills and I haven’t been getting shit faced like before so less self flagellation plus a therapist so there’s that.

I love you fucks and I hate everyone one of you.

FMFYFE... I’ve been drinking 😁
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

I went fishing a couple times with @Mosster47 around 2016-18.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    In my defense what 19 year old doesn’t get sloppy when there’s free alcohol involved?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Almost went to the rose bowl tailgate but my friends got problematically drunk at 10am.

I haven’t formally met anyone buuuut I’m 50% sure I met @backthepack at a Husky game last year, these 2 dudes (probably 20ish years old) who knew a friend of mine came to sit with us. One worked for the UW basketball team, and was super wasted and told me a lot of random inside info about the team. He sounded like BTP’s source for hoops info cause he overhyped the shit out of Jaden McDaniels. The other guy seemed super high and had a hood on the whole time, looked a lot like the guy in BTP’s twitter pic. Maybe, maybe not

Which game?