Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Cuban gets it - doesn't think Sterling should be kicked out of the league

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

This is ridiculous. Ban him for a year. Silver caved.

A year isn't enough. You can't allow him back into the NBA. Like APAG pointed out the players were about to revolt. You can't lose your league within 3 months of being commissioner.

Sterling would just wait out a year and return. Sterling loves the attention and the glamour which being an NBA owner is all about. Silver made the right decision here and this was the only decision he could have made.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This is white America still struggling with racist guilt.

The NBA is a cartel and its members and participants are subject to its own rules. The life ban seems consistent with the fascist ideals from which David Stern built the NBA.

If Mark Cuban doesn't want to live where "taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form," then he should GTFO since this nation's season was over long ago.

What would Gandhi do?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

This is white America still struggling with racist guilt.

The NBA is a cartel and its members and participants are subject to its own rules. The life ban seems consistent with the fascist ideals from which David Stern built the NBA.

If Mark Cuban doesn't want to live where "taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form," then he should GTFO since this nation's season was over long ago.

What would Gandhi do?

Lol. Some of y'all will never get it. Equating Stern with fascism. Stern was an employee. Silver is an employee. Goodell is an employee. They do their bosses bidding.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

This is ridiculous. Ban him for a year. Silver caved.

A year isn't enough. You can't allow him back into the NBA. Like APAG pointed out the players were about to revolt. You can't lose your league within 3 months of being commissioner.

Sterling would just wait out a year and return. Sterling loves the attention and the glamour which being an NBA owner is all about. Silver made the right decision here and this was the only decision he could have made.
    not to mention corporate sponsor, tv networks, other owners, etc. Sterling is a cancer to the NBA, he needed to go
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lots of investment reality show superiority guys here.

Do the owners have an agreement that they can force someone to sell for certain reasons? If not, there is no fucking way he can be forced out for expressing an unpopular opinion. He has not actually done anything illegal nor has he discriminated against anyone or blocked their opportunities in his organization. He has though, made a black man the highest paid coach in the league.

This guy gets it. Actions speak louder than words. Sterling has actually done more for the black populous than all of us on here combined 1,000,000,000 times over.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Do the owners have an agreement that they can force someone to sell for certain reasons? If not, there is no fucking way he can be forced out for expressing an unpopular opinion. He has not actually done anything illegal nor has he discriminated against anyone or blocked their opportunities in his organization. He has though, made a black man the highest paid coach in the league.

This guy gets it. Actions speak louder than words. Sterling has actually done more for the black populous than all of us on here combined 1,000,000,000 times over.
    Lol. Google "bomani jones dan lebatard donald sterling". That will explain to you why Sterling is so bad. You idiots still don't realize that this is a lifetime achievement banning.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Lol. Google "bomani jones dan lebatard donald sterling". That will explain to you why Sterling is so bad. You idiots still don't realize that this is a lifetime achievement banning.
    I don't have a problem with a lifetime achievement banning, and I think the idea that Sterling has done anything for the black population is ridiculous. If Sterling was gone there would be some other owner paying all these black players. The league isn't short on potential owners.

My issue is the hypocrisy that the league's never done shit to him until this incident which went viral. Everyone's known he's a racist for years. THE DUDE HAS HAD FEDERAL CHARGES FOR HOUSING DISCRIMINATION. And the NBA was silent. But they ban him now, after a private conversation?

The NBA is simply trying to look TUFF on racism since all of a sudden everyone cares, but when no one cared before it didn't other them at all.

It's massive hypocrisy and doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm thrilled Sterling's going to be out of the league but this wasn't the way to do it, IMO.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

I don't have a problem with a lifetime achievement banning, and I think the idea that Sterling has done anything for the black population is ridiculous. If Sterling was gone there would be some other owner paying all these black players. The league isn't short on potential owners.

My issue is the hypocrisy that the league's never done shit to him until this incident which went viral. Everyone's known he's a racist for years. THE DUDE HAS HAD FEDERAL CHARGES FOR HOUSING DISCRIMINATION. And the NBA was silent. But they ban him now, after a private conversation?

The NBA is simply trying to look TUFF on racism since all of a sudden everyone cares, but when no one cared before it didn't other them at all.

It's massive hypocrisy and doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm thrilled Sterling's going to be out of the league but this wasn't the way to do it, IMO.
    I find that easy to agree with. Stern would most likely not have gotten support from the owners to punish Sterling for settled lawsuits and allegations made by a former employee. That's a precedent they would have refused. Racism caught on tape with public and employee (players and coaches) pressure made it possible.

The owners made a business decision. Sterling was bad for business now, he wasn't before. It's not about racism for the owners.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    I can't defend Sterling, and he is a piece of shit. He was also a terrible owner who hurt the NBA by fielding a shit team for years. Until the last three years, he did exactly what the Mariners do. The TV contract and lease agreement were good enough to be profitable. There is no doubt that it is beneficial to push him out and get a new owner in.

I do have qualms about using what a guy says in private against him. That just doesn't seem right. I also don't like it that if you bitch and whine with enough people, you get your way. Nobody's life will be any different with Sterling gone. Sometimes life isn't fair, people say offensive shit. Is it really that big of a deal? You don't have to agree with everyone. People can believe whatever the fuck they want, and strong arming them is not going to change a fucking thing. I think people enjoy getting their pitchfork out and being the moral police more than they actually care about the issue sometimes.

Letting Rivers and Paul off without a single fucking question about Sterling's past is annoying too. They shouldn't feel guilty because there is nothing wrong with accepting millions. I would accept 15 million a year from a black business owner who didn't want his girlfriend associating with white people. I wouldn't give a flying fuck, and neither did these players and coaches until the public pressure got ramped up.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Mosster47 said:

Holy crap, Bomani nailed it. That was fantastic.

"A whole lot of these people that wanta act like they care about racism don't give a good damn about racism. What they care about right now is a chance to jump on an easy punching bag."
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Blow it out your ass APAG, you have no idea what you're talking about
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Blow it out your ass Sven, you have no idea what you're talking about
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Blow it out your ass dnc, you have no idea what you are talking about
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Blow it out your ass CuntWaffle, you have no idea what you are talking about
  • Options

Blow it out your ass Sven, you won't be able to move for a week afterward

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can't defend Sterling, and he is a piece of shit. He was also a terrible owner who hurt the NBA by fielding a shit team for years. Until the last three years, he did exactly what the Mariners do. The TV contract and lease agreement were good enough to be profitable. There is no doubt that it is beneficial to push him out and get a new owner in.

I do have qualms about using what a guy says in private against him. That just doesn't seem right. I also don't like it that if you bitch and whine with enough people, you get your way. Nobody's life will be any different with Sterling gone. Sometimes life isn't fair, people say offensive shit. Is it really that big of a deal? You don't have to agree with everyone. People can believe whatever the fuck they want, and strong arming them is not going to change a fucking thing. I think people enjoy getting their pitchfork out and being the moral police more than they actually care about the issue sometimes.

Letting Rivers and Paul off without a single fucking question about Sterling's past is annoying too. They shouldn't feel guilty because there is nothing wrong with accepting millions. I would accept 15 million a year from a black business owner who didn't want his girlfriend associating with white people. I wouldn't give a flying fuck, and neither did these players and coaches until the public pressure got ramped up.

But how is a he a bad owner?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait...Sterling is a Jew. I thought it was ok for them to be racists because they're a minority too. Staff?