Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moliki Matavao, 2021 TE, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Offered - 3/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020
    He was just donged to pedo state by some guy.

Hopefully we get Quentin "His ass better go there" Moore
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I’m too lazy to reread this thread. Someone remind me why we thought he was going to be a dawg before?

We were the early favorite. As strange as it sounds, this might have been a case where Paopao could have been a recruiting asset. I'm sure he would have found a way to screw it up though.
    We should have kept PaoPao
    Out of the 4 chopping block coaches, Paopao would have been the 1 I would have been most in favor of keeping if we had to keep one.
    Same
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gotta love that pretty much every other team in his top 5 is getting a little buzz except UW. Who knows maybe that’s a good sign...

It's not
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Pedo or Oregon

This is Oregon's TE coach. Never heard of this guy and he looks like he's pushing 65 years old but still owning Cato Caelin on the recruiting trail. Fuck what an uninspired hire that was.
    https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bobby-williams/3266
    Really? He was the head coach at Michigan State after Saban but flamed out horribly.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Pedo or Oregon

This is Oregon's TE coach. Never heard of this guy and he looks like he's pushing 65 years old but still owning Cato Caelin on the recruiting trail. Fuck what an uninspired hire that was.
    He was Michigan State’s head coach for a few years after Saban left. Alabama’s TE coach from 08-15 until he was demoted and Cristobalz hired him.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Pedo or Oregon

He was Michigan State’s head coach for a few years after Saban left. Alabama’s TE coach from 08-15 until he was demoted and Cristobalz hired him.
    Where do you go if you are demoted as a TE coach? GA?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Pedo or Oregon

Where do you go if you are demoted as a TE coach? GA?
    Sure. But GAs aren’t allowed to recruit. Williams job is to convince Southeast kids who aren’t good enough for Bama and Clemson that they’re too good for UNC and Mississippi State.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can’t make Matavao’s top 3 after starting with a lead, can’t make any of the 3 Colorado kids top 5, not on Brock Bowers radar, and now has to fight off Tennessee for a kid from inglemoore.

What a hire!
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    CB to Oregon by Angulo. Cato is pathetic.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    once again, this coaching staff sucks dick.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 795

Part of me wonders if Jimmy was so arrogant in his own recruiting abilities that he thought he alone could close kids so he didn't need to hire strong recruiters to fill out his staff. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with to justify some of his hiring decisions.
    May be partly true, but I think it’s more likely he just doesn’t have a very extensive network to draw from. He really just has the Boise/Coach Pete coaching tree and a few NFL contacts, and is too inexperienced to be really be an attractive option for someone he doesn’t know well.

We really just need to play some games. Winning cures a lot of these issues. Trouble is I just don’t think it’s likely at this point we’re gonna get a full season in, at least not as currently scheduled.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 795

Part of me wonders if Jimmy was so arrogant in his own recruiting abilities that he thought he alone could close kids so he didn't need to hire strong recruiters to fill out his staff. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with to justify some of his hiring decisions.
    May be partly true, but I think it’s more likely he just doesn’t have a very extensive network to draw from. He really just has the Boise/Coach Pete coaching tree and a few NFL contacts, and is too inexperienced to be really be an attractive option for someone he doesn’t know well.

We really just need to play some games. Winning cures a lot of these issues. Trouble is I just don’t think it’s likely at this point we’re gonna get a full season in, at least not as currently scheduled.
    He also learned from Pete who would almost never venture from his own personal network for coaching hires. I can’t remember any coaches Pete hired here that he didn’t know personally or were part of his intimate network. Junior Adams? I guess he inherited PaoPao too, but that’s it.

The Donavan hire by Jimmy obviously contradicts this, but he only got there after striking out with Kellen Moore first.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    how you gonna choose a little town over a big city with business connections that set up careers for life after football, a much less respected education & play wit the best QB when he’s a boy during a 7on tourney but not when he’s a stronger/faster/smarter man?
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020

how you gonna choose a little town over a big city with business connections that set up careers for life after football, a much less respected education & play wit the best QB when he’s a boy during a 7on tourney but not when he’s a stronger/faster/smarter man?

One school cares about football and one doesn’t. Also, if respected education and careers after football mattered, why is Alabama a top 5 program? And why is Duke not a football power?