Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Team might actually be chinteresting next year

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    As they should.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Here's a Quarantine special Doog theory I'm going with.

Roberts is dating one of Milloy's daughters. That's a championship family with championship work ethic. Roberts has incredible potential.

With Lawyer barking at him, he will end up being good.

Wonder who he is talking to here?

I'm going to prematurely beat my chest and say Roberts emergence pushed Johnson out.

Doog Milloy's daughter theory still has legs.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Not this again...

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Not this again...

Final four or bust
    ntxduck said:

Not this again...

CBI Final four or bust
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

Not this again...

CBI Final four or bust
    Coaches vs Cancer quarterfinalists
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Obviously losing Stewart is a killer but if we can get the transfers eligible and if Quade can get/stay eligible I don’t hate this team. We? have shooters now which we?ve not had in the shop era outside of Crisp and flashes from Battle.

Quade
    Stevenson/Bajema
    Naz
    Wright/Brooks
    Roberts

With Tsohonis, Bey, Battle, the other whitey, Wright/Brooks, Penn-Johnson off the bench.

Really only Naz and Quade have spots locked up so lots of competition.

It should be a better team than this year which isn’t saying much but is better than I was thinking in March.

Jesus.

This program is toast for at least 2 years.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:

Obviously losing Stewart is a killer but if we can get the transfers eligible and if Quade can get/stay eligible I don’t hate this team. We? have shooters now which we?ve not had in the shop era outside of Crisp and flashes from Battle.

Quade
    Stevenson/Bajema
    Naz
    Wright/Brooks
    Roberts

With Tsohonis, Bey, Battle, the other whitey, Wright/Brooks, Penn-Johnson off the bench.

It should be a better team than this year which isn’t saying much but is better than I was thinking in March.

Jesus.

With the transfer additions I'm bullish on this roster. The Pac 12 still sucks right? We? have as much a shot of putting a decent/goodish team on the floor as 80% of the conference. UA, Oregon and probably UCLA are better than UW. Everyone else is a coin flip. Why not us?!?!?!?!? Seriously though, if we were in a real conference this team gets regularly ass blasted. Lucky us?
    edited July 2020

TommySQC said:

dnc said:

Quade
    Stevenson/Bajema
    Naz
    Wright/Brooks
    Roberts

Jesus.

With the transfer additions I'm bullish on this roster. The Pac 12 still sucks right? We? have as much a shot of putting a decent/goodish team on the floor as 80% of the conference. UA, Oregon and probably UCLA are better than UW. Everyone else is a coin flip. Why not us?!?!?!?!? Seriously though, if we were in a real conference this team gets regularly ass blasted. Lucky us?
    Unlike football, finishing 4th doesn't guarantee you a mid level bowl birth (an at large high seed bid). As you learned first hand, you can even win the regular season, and if your conference is shitty enough, you still might not get in unless you win the conference tournament. Basketball more than any other sport relies heavily on conference strength for post-season play.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

TommySQC said:

dnc said:

Quade
    Stevenson/Bajema
    Naz
    Wright/Brooks
    Roberts

Jesus.

Unlike football, finishing 4th doesn't guarantee you a mid level bowl birth (an at large high seed bid). As you learned first hand, you can even win the regular season, and if your conference is shitty enough, you still might not get in unless you win the conference tournament. Basketball more than any other sport relies heavily on conference strength for post-season play.
    We were never talking the tournament were we? I was thinking 18-12 or 19-11 would be a pretty good year. Not enough to get in the tournament with our? conference but pretty decent none the less.
    dawgs206 said:
    My Final four prediction for the 2020 season.

1) Cancellation
    2) Transfers
    3) Refunds
    4) Profit?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Hop still coaches the team, right?

We still have a basketball team?????
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

Quade
    Stevenson/Bajema
    Naz
    Wright/Brooks
    Roberts

We’ll be better than I expected a few months ago, but that starting 5 is extremely underwhelming. Even with a couple shooters, unless Hop’s offense somehow doesn’t suck, we’re going to struggle to score.
    bump
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hopkins saw your tepid optimism and decided to snuff it out now before it got rolling. Consider it a courtesy.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    UW hoops suck by default.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

You have to try to suck to suck as bad as uw does. Hop is in over his head and seems to have mailed it in at this point. Basketball is the easiest sport to be competitive at and we are not. Ridiculous.

I honestly think hiring Brandon Roy would not be a bad move at this point if he's still trying to make a career out of coaching. He's an alpha dog and will be able to recruit. Two traits Hopkins severely lacks. Maybe they get lucky with him and you know he's your guy for a long time.

Edit: Yes, I recognize this is a very doogish take.
    edited December 2020

You have to try to suck to suck as bad as uw does. Hop is in over his head and seems to have mailed it in at this point. Basketball is the easiest sport to be competitive at and we are not. Ridiculous.

I honestly think hiring Brandon Roy would not be a bad move at this point if he's still trying to make a career out of coaching. He's an alpha dog and will be able to recruit. Two traits Hopkins severely lacks. Maybe they get lucky with him and you know he's your guy for a long time.

Edit: Yes, I recognize this is a very doogish take.
    I've argued against it for a few years but at this point I wouldn't hate it.

It's the Memphis/Penny Hardaway route. I'd rather we go get Gregg Marshall but we all know that's not going to happen. We seem to have given up on basketball.

I guess I have too.