Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

My doog take: injury and playing baseball, and not playing didn't help his ranking. Probably a high 4*, top 200 if he plays this year.

Have heard his name in comparison to Hunter Bryant; between his athleticism, good hands, projected size, and LB-curious prospect indicating toughness/violence, the concept gives me a semi doogchub. He's already got the injury correlation going for him!
    Yeah. For obvious reasons I keep thinking this kid is 5'9" 170, but he's huge.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

"It's exciting to think that I'll be able to play football again. I missed my senior season of football and also my senior season of baseball, so I've really been missing the competition and being with my teammates, my friends. It's been nearly a year since I tore my ACL (July 26th) and I'm probably at 95%. They say it takes a full year to be ready to go and I feel like I'm real close to that, but I think, honestly, it'll probably take me getting that first hit to say 'okay, I'm alright, let's go' and be fine with it.”

"One thing I always have in the back of my head is that I need to be careful since it's already happened to me, so I still need to gain that confidence in the things I can do, but I am getting there and I think the further away from my injury I get, the more confident I will feel.”

"I've been doing a lot of training with my friends," Racanelli said. "I've been running routes and stuff with Peyton (Brammer) and Levi (Crum). They were my teammates and they are both headed to Montana, so this is really my last time to spend time with them, so we've been throwing a lot, running routes, stuff like that and we've had to be careful because we don't have access to a turf field and with the rainy weather here, it's been hard, but we've been managing.”

"I've also started running for distance more to help get my endurance up. I've been told by a lot of guys to be ready for camp and the season and I need to get my endurance as high as possible, so that's really what I have started to focus on."

Racanelli has also been working on building his relationship with his future receiver teammates -- Jalen McMillan and Rome Odunze.

"The three of us talk all the time," Racanelli said. "It's not much about our future, stuff like that, it's more just connecting, building our relationships so that when we get there, we've already got a strong relationship and then it's about going out and playing and focusing on getting our jobs done. We're all excited to get started, especially after all this (COVID-19 pandemic) stuff going on. We need to get back to things we love and football is something we all love."

One thing that the three-star wideout has been looking forward to is putting the Husky playbook into practice and not just studying it.

"I like the offense honestly," Racanelli said. "I think it's going to be real receiver friendly. We're asked to do a lot of things and I think we're going to get a lot of opportunities to make plays down the field.”

“I have been studying what they have sent us and I think it's going to be a fun offense for us. We're going to do a lot of different things and I think it will be fun to play in."

Haven't heard "fun" used in relation to Husky offense since Sark let em rip it.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

From a 247 interview with him. I'll just leave this here.

3) Favorite movie - "'The Hobbit'. I love the adventure and the journey they go on. It's one of those movies that I can just sit back and enjoy it. I'm also a big nerd. I love Harry Potter, Star Wars and The Avengers, all of those series. I was actually surprised when I was looking up Star Wars and saw there was a movie that came out in the 70s. I didn't realize it was that old."

Fuck...

The Star Wars made since Disney got the rights have been a damn disgrace to boot!
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

He likes Disney Star Wars? I hate this kid already.

Seriously. Hard pass
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So being a “nerd“ is cool now so therefore the “nerd” content sucks. Or vice versa.

What outcast type group is finding the good music and media content these days?
  • 5starsareforlosers5starsareforlosers Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The Hobbit is all about a “try hard.” We’re moving past that stage but won’t hold that against Sawyer. He’ll be a stud.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Fantasy movies are for losers who can't handle reality.

lol
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s a lot bigger than both of our LBs in the 2020 class. Hope he gets moved that way, he could be unreal on that side of the ball
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He’s a lot bigger than both of our LBs in the 2020 class. Hope he gets moved that way, he could be unreal on that side of the ball

Both him and Emeka have jaw dropping defensive film that makes me question why they want to play WR. They’re both going to be really successful at WR, but their ceilings are much higher on defense
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Both him and Emeka have jaw dropping defensive film that makes me question why they want to play WR. They’re both going to be really successful at WR, but their ceilings are much higher on defense
    Ummm, Emeka's WR ceiling is HOF high. I can't get behind the idea it's significantly higher on defense.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think one of Sawyer or Odunze will be more of a Hunter Bryant type than a typical wideout. They're both close his size but faster.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I think one of Sawyer or Odunze will be more of a Hunter Bryant type than a typical wideout. They're both close his size but faster.

This is the worst comp ever made on this website and I compared Jaden to KD.