Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Cuban gets it - doesn't think Sterling should be kicked out of the league

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Took a lot of balls to come out and say this, but he's absolutely correct.

""But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

link

Sterling sucks. He should be fined majorly and suspended for a very long length of time. But forcing him to sell sets a really dangerous precedent.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep. Not to mention that forcing him to sell likely results in a drastic lowering of the asking price.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    Cowherd sorta alluded to it helping seattle this morning

A solution, and this is pretty out there but Hansen has been willing to go the extra mile. Have Hansen overpay to buy the clippers off sterling, then sell it to an owner who will keep it in LA. In exchange receive a guaranteed franchise before the MOU is up.
    I know it's pretty farfetched
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I saw the interview. If we took severe action against every racist business owner, it would become a semi-totalitarian state.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cuban is awesome. Would love for him to be owner of the Mariners. He makes Shark Tank hilarious to watch as corny and fake as that show is.
  • Options

Cuban is awesome. Would love for him to be owner of the Mariners. He makes Shark Tank hilarious to watch as corny and fake as that show is.

Bashing Donald Sterling is fine, but if we're going to bash Shark Tank I'm fucking out.

• Options
    dnc said:

Bashing Donald Sterling is fine, but if we're going to bash Shark Tank I'm fucking out.

I fucking love the show.
  • Options

dnc said:

I fucking love the show.
    same here, wifey and I don't miss an episode

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I fucking love the show.

I think the Profit on CNBC is a much better "biz" show but Shark Tank is good for sure. I hate that real estate cunt. I'm sorry but she does not have the depth of real biz knowledge that the others do. Cuban sold his company at the top of the market while this twat was trying to find new ways to hawk real estate to people during the bust when it was still way overvalued.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

I fucking love the show.

I think the Profit on CNBC is a much better "biz" show but Shark Tank is good for sure. I hate that real estate cunt. I'm sorry but she does not have the depth of real biz knowledge that the others do. Cuban sold his company at the top of the market while this twat was trying to find new ways to hawk real estate to people during the bust when it was still way overvalued.
    Lorie (QBC cunt) and the botox witch both suck. The Profit is also a really good show.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    If we are talking Shark Tank analysis, we gotta talk Mr. Wonderful. I hate how the guy always makes the same offer. He never takes any risk and offers the same shitty royalty deal to anyone he makes an offer to. He's kind of funny though. It's an entertaining show.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of investment reality show superiority guys here.

Do the owners have an agreement that they can force someone to sell for certain reasons? If not, there is no fucking way he can be forced out for expressing an unpopular opinion. He has not actually done anything illegal nor has he discriminated against anyone or blocked their opportunities in his organization. He has though, made a black man the highest paid coach in the league.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lots of investment reality show superiority guys here.

Do the owners have an agreement that they can force someone to sell for certain reasons? If not, there is no fucking way he can be forced out for expressing an unpopular opinion. He has not actually done anything illegal nor has he discriminated against anyone or blocked their opportunities in his organization. He has though, made a black man the highest paid coach in the league.

At this point you've become a parody of yourself.
  • Options

If we are talking Shark Tank analysis, we gotta talk Mr. Wonderful. I hate how the guy always makes the same offer. He never takes any risk and offers the same shitty royalty deal to anyone he makes an offer to. He's kind of funny though. It's an entertaining show.

He just wants to wet his beak.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Took a lot of balls to come out and say this, but he's absolutely correct.

""But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

link

Sterling sucks. He should be fined majorly and suspended for a very long length of time. But forcing him to sell sets a really dangerous precedent.

I thought the slipper slope argument was only for pussy democrats.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mark and Donald share some parallels

Both are Jewish men who have changed their surnames (Donald Tokowitz and Mark Chabenisky)
    They have made a lot of money in life and own BBall teams
    They like women and business

I see no reason why Cuban wouldn't support Tokowitz. They have both worked hard to amass their wealth and property
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Mark and Donald share some parallels

Both are Jewish men who have changed their surnames (Donald Tokowitz and Mark Chabenisky)
    They have made a lot of money in life and own BBall teams
    They like women and business

I see no reason why Cuban wouldn't support Tokowitz. They have both worked hard to amass their wealth and property

Let's make something clear here. Cuban isn't at all supporting Sterling and has said as much. As an owner he is protecting his own ass. He doesn't want a precedent to be set where owners are being banned for having private conversations.

Among friends we've all said things in private that would look terrible if it were released publicly. I support Sterling being banned I really do. However, I can see where Cuban is coming from.
  • Options

I thought the slipper slope argument was only for pussy democrats.

I'm sure someone has said that but it certainly wasn't me
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I bet those hicks from Oklahoma haven't said anything racist even in private.... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I bet those hicks from Oklahoma haven't said anything racist even in private.... ;)

While they still owned team in Seattle I thought McLendon had some anti homosexual remarks which was glossed over by the NBA.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is ridiculous. Ban him for a year. Silver caved.