Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Jackson

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Calls for Clippers fans to boycott game 5. No kidding, Mark? It actually really bothers me that fans with tickets are being pressured to feel guilty. A dad with two kids shouldn't have to feel bad about taking his family to a Clippers playoff game. What Mark fails to understand is that these people already bought tickets. These games are expensive and most people don't like throwing a couple hundred bucks down the drain.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10853136/mark-jackson-golden-state-warriors-says-fans-boycott-game-5

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This is called being an opportunist. No way he'd be calling for a boycott if it was the G State owner. He's trying to win and save his jerb. Can't say that I blame him, but if anyone listens to him they're fs.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Boycotting the game is stupid and isn't really a protest.

Fans black, white, latino, asian should go to the game, integrate and associate with each other to show that Sterling is racist idiot and has no real importance.
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2014

Calls for Clippers fans to boycott game 5. No kidding, Mark? It actually really bothers me that fans with tickets are being pressured to feel guilty. A kid with two dads shouldn't have to feel bad about going to a Clippers playoff game. What Mark fails to understand is that these people already bought tickets. These games are expensive and most people don't like throwing a couple hundred bucks down the drain.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10853136/mark-jackson-golden-state-warriors-says-fans-boycott-game-5

crisped
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    The Rockets owner is suggesting the league grant every Clippers free agency and force Sterling to sell.

CHRIST! All these owners have an agenda and just think about themselves and now what is best for the league.

I agree with having Sterling sell but making every player a free agent?! For fucks sake let's calm the fuck down now.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mark Jackson is FS for his comments here ...

What most of those calling for protests, walkouts, and boycotts fail to understand is that the only way to hurt Sterling is in the pocket book. You can't hurt him with these kinds of actions to even make him blink.

Now, if you have major corporate sponsors decide that they want nothing to do with him, that's a start.

If the players decide that they will walk out on the season IF he hasn't sold the team by the start of training camp, that's a start. And I'm talking league wide on the players.

If you have new NBA owners threaten him with a lawsuit tied to the fact that his continued ownership is causing significant business damages to their business, that's going to get his attention.

The end goal here is to get the fucker out of the league. It's definitely not going to happen overnight.

There's no question that the comments were bad. Everybody is talking about how this is such a step back for our society. I see it completely different. I think this is a huge step forward for society because EVERYBODY sees this as so wrong that they are barely giving this asshole the opportunity to even defend himself.

It's easy for us as a society to tie everything back to race. But the biggest differences we have in America right now are tied to socio-economic and educational differences. The problem is that a lot of these problems do in fact boil down to a racial divide. IMO, those that continually harp on race race race are doing more to divide than they are to solve the problems that are out there.