Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Payton-Kemp Sonics were truly dominant at their peak. Then they met the 72-win Bulls

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 94 and 95 Sonics lost in the first round as a 1 and 2 seed thus not getting to own the Rockets as always and play for two titles while Mike was riding the bus in the minor leagues

96 they lost the first game to the Kings in the first round and here we go again but they hung on to make the Finals in the one year they were guaranteed to lose

93 the Suns shot 63 free throws in game 7 and Chuck pretty much had Shawn mystified.

They were not a great team because no ring
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The 94 and 95 Sonics lost in the first round as a 1 and 2 seed thus not getting to own the Rockets as always and play for two titles while Mike was riding the bus in the minor leagues

96 they lost the first game to the Kings in the first round and here we go again but they hung on to make the Finals in the one year they were guaranteed to lose

93 the Suns shot 63 free throws in game 7 and Chuck pretty much had Shawn mystified.

And had a shot to be great again in 97 except Kemp-McIlwane.

When they lost to the Rockets you knew the franchise was over.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Wally Fucking Walker. The big man was dead but Wally wanted to piss off Kemp with a white stiff who made more money
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Wally Fucking Walker. The big man was dead but Wally wanted to piss off Kemp with a white stiff who made more money
    Wally Walker was fucking cancer, but I doubt him signing McElvane was to piss off Kemp. Wally was just an imbecile.
    Without Wally Walker the Sonics are still in Seattle. I firmly believe that.
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I had never thought of it that way, but I think you're right.

dnc said:

I had never thought of it that way, but I think you're right.
    There is certainly plenty of blame to go around but he's basically the first domino.
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Wally Walker was fucking cancer, but I doubt him signing McElvane was to piss off Kemp. Wally was just an imbecile.
    Motive doesn't matter. The result does
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

"There was no more disappointing franchise in the 90s than the Sonics"

Definitely true when just talking the NBA.

Luckily there is one franchise in sports who might have an argument to have been more disappointing in the 90s.

The Mariners.

Fuck my childhood.

Wasn’t every franchise in the 90s disappointing other than Bulls and Rockets?

Knicks, Suns, Magic, Blazers, Jazz, Lakers....no rings.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650

It may have been the coke/booze, too, just a little.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    dnc said:

Wally Walker gave more blowjobs to the Sonic owners than their wives.

Dude was fucking useless.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Second best group to not win a title.
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Motive doesn't matter. The result does
    Then why speculate on his motive?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't

It pissed off Kemp

That's not speculation
    Founders Club

I didn't

It pissed off Kemp

That's not speculation

Yes I know that. GP tried to get Kemp to be patient and get a new contract. But it was too late in Kemp's mind