Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kshama Sawant pushes ‘militant’ takeover of Amazon

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,520 Standard Supporter
    Sawant is going to see a militant takeover alright.

It's just not going to come from the side of the political spectrum she represents.

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,836 Standard Supporter
    I find it hard to believe that there are enough fucking idiots in Seattle to elect that violence supporting piece of shit. If she had no resistance at all, she would be hitler.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,311 Founders Club

I find it hard to believe that there are enough fucking idiots in Seattle to elect that violence supporting piece of shit. If she had no resistance at all, she would be hitler.

It looked like she was going to lose, but then made a late charge and won going away. I think it was by 5 points or so.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Her challenger was billed as too extreme

There are.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    I still find it bizarre the left wants a militant authoritarian govt. Like isn't "literally Hitler" in office? If you got your way you'd be dragged off in chains
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,160
    #whyigentrificate
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,185 Swaye's Wigwam
    Amazon gone. Nice work.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Her district includes Capitol Hill and Broadway which, if you can get them all to vote, is significant as they are probably the most liberal section of Seattle. That said, it also includes some pretty affluent neighborhoods as well who you’d think would not be inclined to vote for her.
    Swaye said:

God I hope Amazon leaves. But somehow none of this ever registers. Think AOC will not get reelected for shitcanning 25K jobs from her own district? Nope. She will get reeelected. It is mind boggling. It's a fanaticism that even works against self interest.

She saved 2 billion dollars of evil money bro
    doogie said:

If Amazon leaves, hotels go broke, Seattle buys them for pennies and bingo, FREE Housing!

For the homeless I hope
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

doogie said:

If Amazon leaves, hotels go broke, Seattle buys them for pennies and bingo, FREE Housing!

For the homeless I hope
    What else?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,394 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Her district includes Capitol Hill and Broadway which, if you can get them all to vote, is significant as they are probably the most liberal section of Seattle. That said, it also includes some pretty affluent neighborhoods as well who you’d think would not be inclined to vote for her.
    All of the nice part of cap hill voted for the Republican
    doogie said:

If Amazon leaves, hotels go broke, Seattle @YellowSnow 's tax dollars buys them for pennies and bingo, FREE Housing!

#potstirring
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,506 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Very few of those left. Lots of her neighborhoods think they pay too much for rent and that big tech is to blame, hence, they’ll vote for the person who wants to curtail it. Also, younger money is moving into places like Madison Park.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,394 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Very few of those left. Lots of her neighborhoods think they pay too much for rent and that big tech is to blame, hence, they’ll vote for the person who wants to curtail it. Also, younger money is moving into places like Madison Park.
    Isnt Madison Park the same district?

I have a hard time believing "young" people can afford to move to Madison Park and still support her nonsense

A lot of people probably just see the D and vote accordingly
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925

I hate Sawant and donated to the guy running against her.

But to address how she wins, only those living in her district can vote for/against her, and the bulk of her district is Capitol Hill -- which she easily wins. She is basically the Trump of the far left.

It is a downside to the district system adopted a couple of election cycles back.