Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Michael Jordan couldn’t stop laughing at Gary Payton ‘Last Dance’ boast

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bored memes aside, there's no denying Payton had a big impact on MJ. He can deny that shit all he wants to but it's true. Quite convenient to suggest "other things" crept up the moment GP started guarding him but not before.

FO, MJ
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think episode 6 had Gary and Mike walking off the floor after the 98 All Star game.

Mike says see you in the Finals, probably

Gary - you guys are going to be there Mike

Mike - I know

Hilarity ensues
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Article in the Seattle Times yesterday rightly pointed out that McMillan being back in game 4 of the 96 Finals is what actually made the bigger difference in slowing Jordan down. Could've been a 7 game series, maybe, had McMillan not had an injured back and missed the first 3 games. Bulls still win.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had as good of seats as you could get at the time for Game 3. How good? I could see MJ's mother sitting a row in front of me. The place was alive. The 95 M's one game playoff loud

Then the game started and the Bulls ran a layup line on the Sonics and it was over after the first quarter. Amazing and awful all at once.

It was fun to win the net two but the Sonics never had a chance

The Bulls weren't the Warriors
    The Sonics shot was in Game 2. That's the game MJ should have fouled out in multiple times but didn't because he was MJ.

Once they lost that one it was over.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I do give Mike credit for letting team mates call him an asshole in his legacy documentary. BJ Armstrong didn't hold anything back but at the end of the day it is what it is and winners win and Mike won
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

The Sonics shot was in Game 2. That's the game MJ should have fouled out in multiple times but didn't because he was MJ.

Once they lost that one it was over.

My memory is vague but I seem to recall one of our big guys fouled out with six minutes left in the fourth quarter of game 2. I think it was Kemp but I'm not sure. I remember feeling my heart sink.

I ran into McMillan at the Matthew's Thriftway in Bellevue at about 10pm one night after the season was over. It wasn't a profound conversation or anything, but he said something like "those opportunities don't come along very often."