Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Suck it, youngsters.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don't like the athleticism argument. Obviously players of today are more athletic...they've had the advantage of growing up in a time when there's better knowledge and equipment for sports training and performance.

If Michael Jordan had been born in 1995, he'd be stronger, faster, and better at the game today than he was when he was actually 25 due to all those advantages.

So if you want to take an older player and compare him with today's players, you have to take into account that the older player would be improved if he was born in a more modern era.

That’s not how this works. Watch people dribble and shoot in the 80s and before.

Then watch now.

It’s not just the strength and conditioning difference (which is considerable).

Guys literally can’t shoot OR dribble.

Sure they can take an elbow in the face and get back up, but so what? Nobody in their right mind thinks basketball is some full contact blood sport with a ball thrown in.

But if it was, I’m pretty sure LeBron James would be even more dominant. Can you imagine Isaih Thomas trying to tackle LeBron going to the hoop?

I don't like the athleticism argument. Obviously players of today are more athletic...they've had the advantage of growing up in a time when there's better knowledge and equipment for sports training and performance.

If Michael Jordan had been born in 1995, he'd be stronger, faster, and better at the game today than he was when he was actually 25 due to all those advantages.

So if you want to take an older player and compare him with today's players, you have to take into account that the older player would be improved if he was born in a more modern era.

That’s not how this works. Watch people dribble and shoot in the 80s and before.

Then watch now.

Sure they can take an elbow in the face and get back up, but so what? Nobody in their right mind thinks basketball is some full contact blood sport with a ball thrown in.

But if it was, I’m pretty sure LeBron James would be even more dominant. Can you imagine Isaih Thomas trying to tackle LeBron going to the hoop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLVKdDotDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExjzyTRxnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPu4nLzDbQ

Pot stirring. Or you're flat ass blind..

Most likely abundance.

Magic dribbled the ball like a 6th grade white kid playing an inner city team for the first time.

Now you're just being retarded.

Or rather, you're still retarded.

welcome back.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

Then watch now.

Most likely abundance.

Magic dribbled the ball like a 6th grade white kid playing an inner city team for the first time.

When was the last time you've seen a carry called in an NBA game?
    Homie refused to go left.

Turned his back to pressure.

dribbled with his inside hand etc.
    And yet in 1991 took his team to the NBA finals. Funny thing about that series is I remember actually watching it when it was played. Magic revolutionized how the point position was played and who could play it. If you can't recognize that and how great he was you should find another sport to talk about. You would be laughed out of the room by any NBA player with this take you're pushing. Big belly laughs.
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

Then watch now.

Most likely abundance.

And yet in 1991 took his team to the NBA finals during the Jordan era. Funny thing about that series is I remember actually watching it when it was played. Magic revolutionized how the point position was played and who could play it. If you can't recognize that and how great he was you should find another sport to talk about. You would be laughed out of the room by any NBA player with this take you're pushing. Big belly laughs.
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

LeBron would have quit attacking after a couple shots from Salley, Laimbeer, and Rodman (unlike Jordan). I like LeBron, but he is a pussy.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Then watch now.

LeBron would have quit attacking after a couple shots from Salley, Laimbeer, and Rodman (unlike Jordan). I like LeBron, but he is a pussy.
    The Pistons were able to physically intimidate pre-weight training MJ.

LeBron was a bigger and stronger athlete out of HS than MJ ever was.

Laimbeer would get his face smashed in by LeBron. Jordan is the pussy for letting it happen to him.
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

Laimbeer would get his face smashed in by LeBron. Jordan is the pussy for letting it happen to him.
    LeBron is a mental midget. He would back down and you know it.

Then watch now.

Bullshit. Jordan got stronger, and suddenly the Bad Boys shit didn’t work so great. LeBron was already bigger and stronger than MJ.

Stop pretending this is some intangible mental fortitude argument. It’s not.

And if it was, then MJ is the mental weakling for coasting on his talent in HS, college and the early years of his NBA career instead of working hard to keep his body in peak physical condition. If a player refused to lift weights in any sport nowadays we’d call them a lazy piece of shit.
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

Bullshit. Jordan got stronger, and suddenly the Bad Boys shit didn’t work so great. LeBron was already bigger and stronger than MJ.

And if it was, then MJ is the mental weakling for coasting on his talent in HS, college and the early years of his NBA career instead of working hard to keep his body in peak physical condition. If a player refused to lift weights in any sport nowadays we’d call them a lazy piece of shit.
    Basketball players never lifted weights when he was coming up. Especially in-season.

And it is about mental fortitude. LeBron does not have it. He is a generational talent, top-5 all-time. He is not the goat.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Then watch now.

Basketball players never lifted weights when he was coming up. Especially in-season.

And it is about mental fortitude. LeBron does not have it. He is a generational talent, top-5 all-time. He is not the goat.
    James has it

Ask the Warriors

Then watch now.

James has it

Ask the Warriors
    THIS
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And Lebron is the only one to best Tim Duncan in a Final
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    edited May 2020

And Lebron Ray Ray is the only one to best Tim Duncan in a Final

Founders Club

Then watch now.

James has it

Ask the Warriors
    Let's be real about that series. Draymond lost it for GS.
    Founders Club
    Founders Club

Then watch now.

James has it

Ask the Warriors
    Also disappeared against Orlando, blew donkey dick against the Mavs with a superteam, etc.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Then watch now.

He’s somewhat mentally soft. He still would dominate in any era. He would be way too big and fast for anyone back then. He also would still have an elite IQ.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Then watch now.

Then watch now.

Most likely abundance.

You've seen like 30 seconds of Magic Johnson tape
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ben Simmons would be a shit shooter in any era

More random thoughts

From 07 to 11 America wanted Kobe V Lebron in the Finals. So close

07 the Cavs are in but the Spurs win the west

08, 09, and 10 the Lakers win the West but the Celtics, Magic, and Celtics win the East

11 - Lebron and Miami win the east. Dallas knocks out the defending champion Lakers and goes to the Finals

And the Laker window shut
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fugazy mofo'ers always talk about shoving something up one's ass.

The lowest selected NBA Lottery pick will bank just over 10 million before taxes at the very least in their 1st 3 seasons with the 4th season being a team option. Add in any endorsement money and a person can be set for life and live very comfortably off of their 1st contract if they invest it wisely and don't over spend. A player can make more money from endorsements than from playing on a NBA rookie contract.

Recognize game...