Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Heads Roll?

When we strike out, a la 2012, on JT, Emeka, Simon, and more stud in-staters? (Kinda eerie how Sark signed LindyCat that year, and Lindquist didn't help worth shit on the recruiting trail. I know Sam landed us Savvy, but doesn't seem like he's had much influence at all on this 2021 class. God, our coaching staff must really suck if Sam's presence alone can't persuade them to stay.)

I can't see Jimmy firing anyone when they haven't played a game when he inexplicably retained Bob and Boner for their on-field coaching prowess.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We're not striking out on all those guys.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    dnc said:

Appreciate the optimism, but Simon is gone and we're trailing big-time for Emeka and running second for JT.

I guess Prentice and Jabez will be our best in-staters, aside from Sam.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

Appreciate the optimism, but Simon is gone and we're trailing big-time for Emeka and running second for JT.

I guess Prentice and Jabez will be our best in-staters, aside from Sam.
    And that would be a ginormous step up from the failure of 2012.

But JTT is coming here and I wouldn't be surprised on Simon and Egbuka.

Awfully warm for December.

LIFPO.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to believe you DNC but doesn’t feel good right now. Warm as fuck for dec, agreed but this is what we do here. The sky is always falling and for me, until it’s not hitting me in the head it is.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sam helped us a lot with the 2020 class.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I say we fire everyone because overzealous internet stalkers think instate guys aren't favoring UW seven months prior to LOI day.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Smalls helped the most. Most important UW recruit ever.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hopefully they allow official visits for July so we can get some momentum going.
  • Options
    betadawgbetadawg Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Hopefully they allow official visits for July so we can get some momentum going.

Have you heard anything about the momentum Acrop and Dawgman guys were all hinting at?

Would love to hear your thoughts if you have any.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smalls helped the most. Most important UW recruit ever.
    It's too bad some of the shine came off of that one after the recruiting part ended. I still agree with your statement.
  • Options
    betadawg said:

Have you heard anything about the momentum Acrop and Dawgman guys were all hinting at?

There is no momentum. They are referring to Owens and Tinae but neither guy is going to get the class rolling.
  • Options
    betadawgbetadawg Member Posts: 30

betadawg said:

There is no momentum. They are referring to Owens and Tinae but neither guy is going to get the class rolling.
    Damn. Should not have got my hopes up.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2020

betadawg said:

Hey @sonics1993 what guy in your mind could be get in the boat early to create momentum?

Troy Franklin?

Kinda sad cause I thought Julien Simon could be a ring leader type due to his friendship with JTT plus his fsp connections.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

betadawg said:

Hey @sonics1993 what guy in your mind could be get in the boat early to create momentum?

Troy Franklin?
    Troy is the only guy they have a realistic shot at that could do it but Oregon feels really confident with him. Only good news I got right now is Washington has made up some ground with JTT.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

betadawg said:

Troy Franklin?
    Troy is the only guy they have a realistic shot at that could do it but Oregon feels really confident with him. Only good news I got right now is Washington has made up some ground with JTT.
    Washington?

Or covid-19?

I betcha Jimmy will be thanking covid-19 for impressing the values of being close to home and family better than what the million dollar staff are getting paid to do ... hear that Gregory?!
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    dnc said:

Betcha we do. Emeka is as good as gone. Sounds like they don't want Simon in the program, and I think JTT is out. Crash and burn
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

betadawg said:

Troy Franklin?
    Sam notwithstanding, this class is a failure if we only end up with Prentice and Jabez.

Fire everyone. I don’t give a fuck if it’s May.