Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Like we say, no.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,706
    Founders Club
    was played in Seattle's Kingdome
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Half those guys suck.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,380
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Half those guys suck.

14 of the 18 are in the HOF, including all 10 players listed from the East.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652

Half those guys suck.

Do tell. Which ones? The 4 that aren't in the HOF?

Swaye's Wigwam
    Half the hall of famers from the 80s would be G League busts today
    Doogles said:

THIS.

I’m not wasting my valuable time on garbage old man basketball players.
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    Doogles said:

With today's rules, I'll give you that argument. However, if they used the same rules they had in the 80's today, half the current all-stars would puss themselves out of the league. The players today are physically more gifted, but are far more mentally weak. The NBA has never been more soft than it is today.
    Doogles said:

Child, please.

You millies act like Dominique and the rest wouldn't benefit from today's training and nutrition techniques.

• PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Doogles said:

Child, please.

You millies act like Dominique and the rest wouldn't benefit from today's training and nutrition techniques.

Let us not forget that breathing on a ball handler now draws a foul.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Please point out the would-be busts from the above list.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    I don't like the athleticism argument. Obviously players of today are more athletic...they've had the advantage of growing up in a time when there's better knowledge and equipment for sports training and performance.

If Michael Jordan had been born in 1995, he'd be stronger, faster, and better at the game today than he was when he was actually 25 due to all those advantages.

So if you want to take an older player and compare him with today's players, you have to take into account that the older player would be improved if he was born in a more modern era.

I don't like the athleticism argument. Obviously players of today are more athletic...they've had the advantage of growing up in a time when there's better knowledge and equipment for sports training and performance.

If Michael Jordan had been born in 1995, he'd be stronger, faster, and better at the game today than he was when he was actually 25 due to all those advantages.

So if you want to take an older player and compare him with today's players, you have to take into account that the older player would be improved if he was born in a more modern era.

That’s not how this works. Watch people dribble and shoot in the 80s and before.

Then watch now.

It’s not just the strength and conditioning difference (which is considerable).

Guys literally can’t shoot OR dribble.

Sure they can take an elbow in the face and get back up, but so what? Nobody in their right mind thinks basketball is some full contact blood sport with a ball thrown in.

But if it was, I’m pretty sure LeBron James would be even more dominant. Can you imagine Isaih Thomas trying to tackle LeBron going to the hoop?

Swaye's Wigwam

That’s not how this works. Watch people dribble and shoot in the 80s and before.

Then watch now.

Sure they can take an elbow in the face and get back up, but so what? Nobody in their right mind thinks basketball is some full contact blood sport with a ball thrown in.

But if it was, I’m pretty sure LeBron James would be even more dominant. Can you imagine Isaih Thomas trying to tackle LeBron going to the hoop?

THIS.

I watched a finals game rerun of the Celtics Lakers early 80s and I was astonished at the lack of skill. They can't dribble. Just can't. It's really not the athleticism, which we know who wins there, it's the skill level and lack of creativity.

A perfect test of this is our favorite guy to discuss, Pistol Pete. He's the one guy who actually looks like he has a clue with the basketball and has a more modern look to his game. What does he do? Absolutely shreds the league.

The level of play is objectively dog shit.

80s is like playing regular Nintendo, you respect it's first and the future was built from the foundation, but turn on 2k20 on PS4 and get fucked
    edited May 2020

Then watch now.

Then watch now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLVKdDotDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CExjzyTRxnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPu4nLzDbQ

Pot stirring. Or you're flat ass blind..

Most likely abundance.

Founders Club
    Things I've learned in this thread are that Doogles is a retard and Tommy should spend more time with Pumpy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Things I've learned in this thread are that Doogles is a retard and Tommy should spend more time with Pumpy.