Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My conspiracy theory is still

Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,968
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Full scale antibody testing will never happen. Not because it couldn’t but because of what it would say. The states and the CDC know that the results would cripple the narrative and put them in the crosshairs.

Comments

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    It needs to. This has been my position the whole time. Whether people agree with it or not isn't the point.

The point is the antibody tests are how we put this virus in perspective to the nation. I actually am getting more comfortable that this is alot more prevalent than is being shown. I am using common sense with limited data to come to my conclusion, but many won't. Many are just scared and want to see proof and MSNBC's coverage isn't helping. Again, I'm not advocating for that position, just stating that the polls are showing that to be true. The way that can be disproved is by scientifically proving that 30 mil+ have had this and 70k died. Not much worse than the flu.

I truly feel for small business/restaurant owners that are getting crushed by this. I do. But, you cant just say "the country is open". The consumers will decide that. If the majority of the nation isn't comfortable with sitting in a restaurant or salon (and polling shows that to be true) at this time then it doesnt matter what the governors say.

Just my two cents, but that is the path that I see to get out of this.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    States, well. say like Oregon keep crying moar tests!!! Moar Tests!!!! But sit on the ones that they have. They only really want to test the sick but say we need widespread testing to open.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Full scale antibody testing will never happen. Not because it couldn’t but because of what it would say. The states and the CDC know that the results would cripple the narrative and put them in the crosshairs.

FWIW, I just had the antibody blood test and I was negative for the VID. So come on man, I can still die. All you fuckers need to stay home!
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Antibody tests in Europe will do the work if avoided here. Sweden don't give a fuck, and its what they are hoping for.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2020
    I truly feel for small business/restaurant owners that are getting crushed by this. I do. But, you cant just say "the country is open". The consumers will decide that.
    —-________—-

Yeah, that’s the fucking point. Your governmental heroes are fining people for trying to let the consumer decide because Daddy Governor says they can’t let the consumer decide. How noble of you to “feel” for people losing their life’s work for what looks to be a Nothing Burger illness unless you’re old or weak. Meanwhile, this is house arrest of healthy people and not a “quarantine” at all.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,877
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

States, well. say like Oregon keep crying moar tests!!! Moar Tests!!!! But sit on the ones that they have. They only really want to test the sick but say we need widespread testing to open.

The people crying for more tests have the maff skills of the dazzler.

More tests are going to drive up the denominator and drive down the mortality rate.

So, yeah. More tests I guess. If they just want to empirically prove out what a debacle this false alarm has been.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,968
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

The people crying for more tests have the maff skills of the dazzler.

More tests are going to drive up the denominator and drive down the mortality rate.

So, yeah. More tests I guess. If they just want to empirically prove out what a debacle this false alarm has been.

Asking for things that you don’t actually want and then blaming the lack of for inaction/results is a classic stall tactic.