Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HuskyFan Podcast: Spring Review

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Tequilla said:

Emmert is a lightning rod at this point.

He deserves a lot of slack for not seeing through Tyrone's BS when they hired him.

I do believe that he wanted him fired at 2007. Todd Turner fell on the sword and combined with the threat of the race card, Emmert caved. He should be given shit for caving.

You do have to give him a little credit for insisting to Scott Woodward that he take over the AD job. It's hard to be very critical of the job that he has done.

Whatever we think of Sark now, that hire probably played out as well as it could have at that point. We definitely weren't getting a Chris Petersen at that point. There's no evidence that Woodward was keen on retaining Sark after the 2013 season.

He got Husky Stadium rebuilt.

He has provided resources to the baseball program and revitalized it.

He obviously hired Chris Petersen where many failed to do so.

The biggest negative that you can throw on him at this point is how he's treated Lorenzo Romar and the basketball program. My guess is that if there's another sub par season this year (and that most likely will happen), there will be a push for Lorenzo to "retire" into the AD, Woodward will go find the right coach (I'm calling for Gregg Marshall), and the funding to upgrade the facilities will take place.

He didn't insist on shit at all. He had Woodward as the interim in January and couldn't fucking find anyone for 8 damn months so he settled on Woodward. Whether Woodward becomes the greatest AD ever doesn't change the fact he settled on him.

Emmert deserves the blame for the entire Tyrone Willingham fiasco. From his hiring to giving him year four. Emmert deserves more blame for 0-12 than any other individual.

Quit blowing Emmert for fucks sake.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Emmert should be lynched at the 50 yard line before the first home game of the season as a signal of final closure on this depression era which ended with the hiring of Petersen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emmert should be lynched at the 50 yard line before the first home game of the season as a signal of final closure on this depression era which ended with the hiring of Petersen.

Count me in on that action, boss

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Emmert's done a joke job with the NCAA and wasn't much better at Washington for most of his tenure.

HOWEVER, I do recall reading numerous stories AFTER Woodward got the job that quoted Woodward as saying that he constantly was getting pushed by Emmert to take the job and he kept putting it off.

At least in my view, Woodward has a number of strong attributes to make him a good AD.