Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan senator apologizes for wearing face mask that looks like Confederate flag

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Shoulda wore blackface like the VA gov
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

It was not a Confederate flag," he said. "I think even if it was a Confederate flag, you know, we should be talking about teaching our national history in schools. And that’s part of our national history, and it’s something we can’t just throw away because it is part of our history. And if we want to make sure that the atrocities that happened during that time doesn’t happen again, we should be teaching it. Our kids should know what that flag stands for.”
    When asked by a reporter what the flag stands for, Zorn replied, "the Confederacy."

I never boo the racists
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

It was not a Confederate flag," he said. "I think even if it was a Confederate flag, you know, we should be talking about teaching our national history in schools. And that’s part of our national history, and it’s something we can’t just throw away because it is part of our history. And if we want to make sure that the atrocities that happened during that time doesn’t happen again, we should be teaching it. Our kids should know what that flag stands for.”
    When asked by a reporter what the flag stands for, Zorn replied, "the Confederacy."

I never boo the racists

"It's not a Confederate flag, but if it was it totally would've been fine. But it wasn't, so don't twist."
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Baseman said:

I never boo the racists

"It's not a Confederate flag, but if it was it totally would've been fine. But it wasn't, so don't twist."
    He was wearing it sarcastically. He clearly didn’t mean to wear it.