Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was the most enjoyable Petersen-coached UW game for you?

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,718
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2016 @ Oregon - The streak ends in the most satisfying way possible. 70 points most ever scored in Autzen by an opponent.
    It was great to hang 70 on u of ho

By the way, there's never an excuse to lose to those tards two years in a row. Ever.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years

This game just had a lot of juice. The old Sark guys wanted to shove their fists up Sarks ass, Sark was all hung over and fired up and Pete was extra intense. Wasn't this the game that Pete stared down littleton? Watched it on TV at a bar after work. USC, as usual, was loaded with talent and at this point in Pete's tenure the Huskies just weren't very good yet. It could be argued that it was the only time that he beat a clearly more talented team and on the road and Cutty Sark. LOL. Also at this point I was unable to admit that Petes offense was awful, Miley Cyrus and a true freshman QB, so ignorance was truly bliss.

Browning was QB for that game.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week

This game just had a lot of juice. The old Sark guys wanted to shove their fists up Sarks ass, Sark was all hung over and fired up and Pete was extra intense. Wasn't this the game that Pete stared down littleton? Watched it on TV at a bar after work. USC, as usual, was loaded with talent and at this point in Pete's tenure the Huskies just weren't very good yet. It could be argued that it was the only time that he beat a clearly more talented team and on the road and Cutty Sark. LOL. Also at this point I was unable to admit that Petes offense was awful, Miley Cyrus and a true freshman QB, so ignorance was truly bliss.

Browning was QB for that game.
    Yes, I know. Our sample size of QBs at that time was Miley for a year and a true freshman(Browning). I wasn't prepared to admit that the offense was trash at that point because of those circumstances. Turns out that the offense broke the will of all QBs equally.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2016 @ No. 23 WSU - Winner takes the P12N, everything to play for, absolute destruction. 28-0 after 1Q
    BayDawg said:

I think '17 vs UCLA. Completely ran the ball down their throat. Threw 10 passes. Petersen dedicated the game to Don James. Runaway winner for me.

Hipster choice. A good win. We all expected to blow out UCLA tho.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2016 vs No. 7 Stanford - Obliteration of the conference bully 44-6, changing of guard in P12N, Husky Stadium comes alive for the first time in sixteen years

BayDawg said:

I think '17 vs UCLA. Completely ran the ball down their throat. Threw 10 passes. Petersen dedicated the game to Don James. Runaway winner for me.

Hipster choice. A good win. We all expected to blow out UCLA tho.
    That game was a complete snoozer and the wheels had already fallen off for UCLA, so it wasn't even a satisfying beat down.

The only halfway interesting part of that game was Mora later bitching about Huard and calling him a know-nothing hack for his Rosen comments.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other // Write-in // Non-UW fan

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2018 @ No. 7 WSU - P12N title on the line. Snow. Minshew tears. Gaskin cementing his legacy.

The one and only peterman game I attended and the week we rolled out the $100 “make the huskies great again” hats

TMFMS

I still have mine. Worst ROI hat purchase ever.
    They were $50 each, which was overpriced but still. Why not just claim they were $200?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2015 @ No. 17 USC - Gaskin, SMFJ breakout game and UW kicks Sark in the teeth. Sark is fired within a week

The one and only peterman game I attended and the week we rolled out the $100 “make the huskies great again” hats

TMFMS

They were $50 each, which was overpriced but still. Why not just claim they were $200?
    Correct, $50 for the hat. But if you account for the doctors appointment and the special shampoo and the non-stop skin irritation, it easily pushed $200.

Irregardless, it’s a mute point now.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2018 @ No. 7 WSU - P12N title on the line. Snow. Minshew tears. Gaskin cementing his legacy.

TMFMS

Correct, $50 for the hat. But if you account for the doctors appointment and the special shampoo and the non-stop skin irritation, it easily pushed $200.

You were told before you bought it that Swaye rubbed every hat against his groin for good luck.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don’t see choice with the playoff game??

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I still watch this game for a lil pick me up. Watching an alcoholic lose it on the sideline was so worth it.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Emoterman said:

SECDAWG said:

FU

Bout dat motordick?

Simple deal, Pod.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2016 @ Oregon - The streak ends in the most satisfying way possible. 70 points most ever scored in Autzen by an opponent.
    SECDAWG said:

Emoterman said:

SECDAWG said:

FU

Bout dat motordick?

Simple deal, Pod.

TMFMS

You were told before you bought it that Swaye rubbed every hat against his groin for good luck.
    Explains why I can’t find the will to throw it away.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club

TMFMS

ROI? If you can’t see a DJ money grab coming from a mile away I can’t help you.

TMFMS

ROI? If you can’t see a DJ money grab coming from a mile away I can’t help you.
    Sure, but I figured I’d be able to wear it more than once.